By jdmarine83 - 07/10/2011 19:32 - United States

Today, I got my first job after having spent months looking, and graduating college in the meantime. I got it based on my pre-college qualifications. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 858
You deserved it 3 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Basement dweller philosophy or attendee of a bad college?

Comments

I guess school didn't prepare you for the real world after all!

every1luvsboners 11

The gist of this FML is that giving BJ's in the restroom during your high school lunch break will eventually pay off; when one of your old customers starts their own business.

Damn_Hippster 11

I hope you just partied in college then!

icefshng8 9

Steve jobs didn't go to college?!?!

icefshng8 9

College will help you later on in life, & you have a job! So be happy!

Well if that job falls threw at least you have something to fall onto. I counts for a lot more than you think. :)

perdix 29

So, you had a few years of avoiding being obviously unemployed while you were wasting your time and money in college. YDI for not selecting a major that's worth a shit.

p33lzhear 6

A college degree is pretty much worthless on its own without some internship work to back it up. No one hires you based on a piece of paper. I know this because I interview and hire people. I also thought my degree was supposed to get me a job too when I graduated.

every1luvsboners 11

Because the company that you work for is the only company in the world. There are plenty of businesses that hire solely based on college degrees, not on experience.

JstLikeFay10 6

Today has been a horrible day and I am completely overwhelmed with college and all the work and I am so close to giving up so I come on here for a laugh and this really has not made me feel more confident about my decision to be in school o_O

every1luvsboners 11

So, drop out and be a lot lizard.

I'm in college well a trade school with college credentials and after I graduate I will be getting the job that I came to school to learn and get my certification and associates degree in less than a year.