By billiams15 - 06/05/2012 21:57 - United States - Katy

Today, I got my colonoscopy results back. I had hoped they'd show what's been causing my stomach pains for the last few weeks, but instead it turns out that my colon is healthy and normal. I basically got cornholed for no goddamn reason. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 413
You deserved it 4 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My colonoscopy results showed that I had crohn's disease. If you're unhappy with yours, let's trade

Comments

cheetahbaby96 8

At least there was nothing terribly wrong.

Today I was uncomfortable for a bit before finding out I'm healthy. My life must really ******* suck compared to the people with terminal results FML.

At least you know there's nothing wrong. I had to go thru 6 months of tests on my thyroid before they finally just cut a baseball sized growth off of it and found out that it was just a growth. On the plus side I look like I survived a Quickening.

I just misread baseball as basketball...

Normally you have to buy them a few rounds to get that, consider yourself lucky

Not no reason. You know the problem isn't your bowels. The question is now what's the real cause of your stomach pain?

It still could be, I had several tests done and they all came back normal, then I had this certain test done, and it showed my colon had shut down, so I had it removed. So there is still the possibility that it's OP's bowels.

Safe than* sorry. Safe then sorry would mean you'd be sorry after finding out you were safe. ... Wait, isn't that what the OP..? Hold on, now I'm confused. Did you make a grammar mistake or was it deliberate? But then... then... *Head explodes*

Finnick_fml 12

Why'd you turn to a colonoscopy right away? You should have asked your doctor about your symptoms/researched them before having a big procedure; especially if you had NO idea what it could have been.

Finnick - OP didn't "turn" to a colonoscopy immediately, I assure you. You don't just go to your doctor and say, "Hey, my stomach hurts. I want a colonoscopy." You see a doctor, he runs a bunch of noninvasive tests, and only then does he suggest something as invasive as a colonoscopy.

I thought that colonoscopies were relatively noninvasive. Isn't it recommended that everyone gets one done once a year after a certain age to check for polyps?

RedPillSucks 31

Colonoscopy is as invasive as non-surgical invasions get

Well that's what I meant. It's non-surgical and is preformed while the patient is awake.

After 50 every 10 years unless polyps are found the every 5 years

You can't call "getting a camera shoved up your butt" non-invasive. It's not particularly risky, unlike a lot of procedures that fall into the "invasive" category, but it's invasive none the less- the camera "invades" the interior of the body.

I said relatively, I know that it is invasive. I meant compared to other procedures like taking a biopsy where they have to cut out some tissue. I knew that it's a routine procedure to get done after your 50's, that's why I was under the impression that it's not a really big thing to get done. I don't think having a camera up there would be too bad, they aren't cutting in to anything. I do realize, though, that you have to fast beforehand and take laxatives to clear everything out which can be a pain.

They give you medicine to make you sleep, so you aren't awake, but not asleep like you would be for a surgery. I really hope that made sense!

It did make sense, 153. That's how I would have explained it. I went everywhere from the hospital, to the Gynaecologist, and many others until finally a GI said 'take this pill the night before your visit, and these two an hour before". So no, don't go to specialists first, you are SENT too them when nothing else Is found.

It is invasive but by no means a "big procedure". Colonoscopy is a standard medical test for men over the age of 40; or should be, due to the rate of colon cancer. As others have stated, you don't turn to a colonoscopy,your doctor prescribes the test.

I feel really stupid asking this, but what does OP stand for?

#22 other people's property. Wait that's OPP. lol it really stands for Original Poster.

24 is lying to you. OP stands for Obese Penguins.

Don't listen to the delusional Douchebags. OP obviously means Oreo ****!

They're all lying. It really means Orangutan Penis.

32- all that cream... Gimme it double stuffed. Then you can just take the top off and lick your way to happiness!

trina101 0

No it really stands for Olympic pervert

whadduppslut 4

it obviously was for a reason if it needed to be checked out? and it could be something in your stomach...

Would you rather have a infected colon?

omfgitskandyce 0

I had that and trust me nothing is wrong with me