By bym5052 - 15/07/2011 00:28 - United States

Today, I got into my first car accident. I side swiped the truck next to me merging into another lane. He was in my blind spot. It was a cop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 842
You deserved it 14 559

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flockz 19

dude i always know if there is a cop within one hundred feet of me at all times. pay better attention.

Comments

iAmScrubs 19

That was probably the cop's easiest chase ever. A full 7 meters.

cynide 13

OMG! Easy! Buy the cop a dozen donuts and he'll be ok ;)

It's called a blind spot for a reason. Always look over your shoulder, this could have been prevented if you took the two seconds to glance over your shoulder!

UnluckyChickie 3

while changing lanes you should be shoulder checking and checking all your mirrors, it's a shame it's so easy to get a License now-a-days... people who work hard for their vehicles don't have a chance in hell!

egotistical, condescending people like you make this world an annoying place to live so just shut your mouth and make this world s little bit better

#22 That was a somewhat condescending thing to say. Anyway, there are far too many people with driver licenses that really should not have one. There's a reason driving is the most dangerous form of travel: The other drivers.

17 I agree, my eyes don't focus together and at the DMV when I looked in the thing they have you in, I only saw one side of the letters, lol and they still gave me a license, although I don't know...due to getting in 2 separate accidents. oh well it's safer that way lol

What's even worse is that you can get your permit with no test. If mom and dad pay the $500 class fee for you, they just hand it to you. So, you can be street legal (with a parent of course) and have not had any previous experience or even any knowledge of driving. You have to start the class within 10 days of getting your permit though, so that's almost 2 weeks of an uniformed driver to start some chaos on the roads. I'm going to guess OP only had his permit, because if he didn't know that our supposed to shoulder check your blind spot, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have a license.

BIEBERSLAYER 10

just think all the time you saved on waiting for the police to show up .

captainsuperdawg 0

sir, based soley on your username, i must say that you are a terrific person. keep up the good work

time to bribe him with a trip to dunkin donuts to make him" forget" the whole incident

Shoulder check and mirror check - always - when changing lanes. You should know that. Now, yes it is still occaisionally possible to miss something if you do, but you used the word 'truck', that implies pickup truck or bigger, and so chances of you missing it if you had shoulder and/or mirror checked are even slimmer.

Sorry officer I wanted bacon, and killing you and catching your car on fire seemed to be the fastest route.