By cl3v3l4nd5t34m3r - 04/06/2012 20:34 - United States - Geneva

Today, I got into a fight with my mom over the chores, and stormed out. When I returned later, I found the house had been egged. My mom told my dad she saw me do it, and he won't believe my side of the story. He says I'll be lucky if I see sunlight this summer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 877
You deserved it 4 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I learned a long time ago that when your mom tells you to do the dishes (or any kind of chore), you should just not argue and do the dishes. Saves your ass from shit like this man. Anyway, I hope you get un-grounded before the end of summer!

Your Mom is an absolute child for blaming you, especially since she really didn't see you do it. I'm willing to wager that she did it herself, which makes her even more childish. And guys? Some families put WAY too many chores on their kids and just sit around all day while the kid does all the work. That's how it was with me. As soon as I moved out, the place went to absolute shit because my fatass Mom refused to get up and clean anything herself. She'd gotten used to me doing everything instead. It's fine to teach responsibility. But it gets to be a little sad when the kids are contributing more to the household cleanliness than the home owners themselves by a huge margin.

Comments

Your mom wasted a perfectly good dozen eggs in this economy?!? Omelets wasted! WASTED! I ******* love omelets. This is a tragedy.

FeroniaMoonscyth 2

I fully agree. OP's mom is probably stupid and fatter than an elephant. Amazing that such a cow would actually have the strength to lift a carton of eggs with all that fat and no muscle.

I don't know why, but I found that quite humorous.

Why would they think you egged your own house?

unknown_user5566 26

Probably because OP already acted like a 5 year old and stormed off due to having to do some chores. OP: "You expect me to actually be responsible and do what is expected from most normal teenagers?! **** YOU!" That's how I imagine OP's side going, which is an attitude that suggests egging ones own house isn't too far-fetched.

unknown_user5566 26

I love your mom. This may not be the mature way to handle things on her end, but it's pretty ******' awesome. Points for thinking outside of the box. Besides, if you had done what was asked of you, you wouldn't be in this situation. Your best solution is to kiss some serious ass and clean the house without being asked, and your mom may show some mercy and tell your dad the truth.

I'm sorry to say this, but I seriously hope you don't have children. OP may or may not have been immature but HE'S a child. His mother could have simply punished him for what he did, like an adult would, but instead she acted like even MORE of a child and lied. No wonder OP is insubordinate.

unknown_user5566 26

So because I have a sense of humor I shouldn't have children? Never mind the fact that I have a stable job, am going to college, I'm great with kids, and have solid plans for my life; you're right, I would be a terrible mother. I didn't say that this was mature, and it certainly would have been easier to go straight to grounding. However the way I see it (maybe this is just because of the way I was raised?) mom has the right to handle this in whatever way she wants. Plus, if I were OP, I'd get a kick out of this in the future. Mom was annoyed at OP being a brat. Mom had fun with the punishment. Big deal. Bottom line is the kid never should've argued.

Sure is teaching your kid responsibility by acting like an immature twat, what a great lesson. Op probably should have just done what she wanted, but teenagers argue with parents its part of being a teenager. Teaching your kid that if you don't get what you want you should make the other persons life a living hell isn't really good parent IMHO

The major thing here is that this will teach OP that he can't trust his mother in the future, because who knows if she'll try to pull something like this again the next time she gets mad at him? My stepmom once accused me of ripping up my then-baby brother's picture book and got me into huge trouble with my dad, who forced me to buy a new one and grounded me for several weeks. And guess what I found hidden behind some plates in a high cabinet in the kitchen a few weeks later? That goddamn picture book that had been "ripped up". Among several other incidents, this one taught me that she couldn't be trusted. Parents who deliberately try to get their kids in trouble with the other parent are a disgrace. Their actions accomplish nothing but to cause them to lose their kids' trust, and make them out to be deceitful, lying, spiteful assholes.

If you think that having job & a degree makes you a good mother that just reaffirms my initial conclusion that you have no idea what quality parenthood entails. You may think your "great with kids" because you enjoy playing with them but you have no real responsibility for them. Thank God.

unknown_user5566 26

The visual I had of this FML made me laugh, and I've stated my opinion. Getting into a debate won't change my view, or any of yours. This has the potential of getting ugly, especially because I've already been deemed an unfit mother by a complete stranger. No need for it to go any further than it already has. We all just need to agree to disagree. :)

I just read your profile and it made me shudder.

unknown_user5566 26

84- My profile? I don't see anything shudder-worthy in there.

unknown_user5566 26

Look, gracehi. I get it- you don't agree with me, and that's perfectly fine. However you are becoming unnecessarily mean-spirited with your personal attacks. I have not said anything rude about you, your lifestyle, or your worth as a future mother. Furthermore, I tried to drop the argument before it got too nasty, yet you continued. All of my comments have been FML related. If you have a personal issue with a complete stranger, that's your problem. You don't need to publicly tear me down.

I see. It's only funny if someone else is the butt of a cruel joke as repercussion for a disagreement. Well that's that settled then. Nice chatting with you.

gracehi: Shut the **** up. Seriously, shut up. This is going WAY too far. You can disagree with her without being a complete bitch and disrespecting her. You know what I can easily take from your comments under hers? That you're a bad-tempered, uptight bitch that doesn't know when to give it a rest, and therefore are unfit to raise a child. You see how irrational that conclusion I came to was? That's how stupid and groundless your analysis was. It's called an opinion. You're entitled to yours, she is to hers. It has nothing to do with home training, and it sure as hell has nothing to do with her profile info. Have some ******* respect for others. Rant over. Good night.

Well, I did begin with "I'm sorry to say this," or did you miss that part? I wasn't intending to be hurtful (honestly) but it was an easy conclusion to come to having grown up in a house with a grandmother who would pull this type of shit all the time. It's NOT funny. It's cruel.

And I may have gone on quite some time, but when I saw the irony of her profession, her studies, and her opinion on this FML, I just couldn't resist. BTW, I think you're being just a liiiiiiiitle hypocritical.

Wow gracehi. You really made an ass of yourself on this one.

unknown_user5566 26

100 and 105- Thank you. Your support made me smile. :) And gracehi, I'm truly sorry if my opinion touched a nerve for you based on your past and personal experience (no sarcasm intended, really). My profession and my major do tell me that some underlying issues from your past provoked your responses, which does make it easier to understand. No hard feelings.

You may think so, but you might understand if you grew up in a home where you regularly were punished for things you didn't do and there was nothing you could do about it. I guess that's why I feel so strongly about this. But I think we're all forgetting the real ass here: OP's mother.

Fair enough, kyleekay. Though I do think you are doing the same thing to OP that you complain I did to you: making baseless assumptions about someone you don't know.

And perhaps I did assume too much and attributed your opinion to an underlying cruelty rather than immaturity. Maybe when you're older and you've completed your studies you'll realize how ****** up this type of situation is.

dominic1221 6

Awh, ManInTheMachine and Calyx have a crush on KyleeKay. How cute!

unknown_user5566 26
unknown_user5566 26

Gracehi, this is the last comment I'm going to make to you. Consider this: I have tried to drop this argument a few times now, have not made any personal attacks or assumptions about YOU thus far, and I have apologized for offending you. I don't quite understand how I'm the immature one in this situation (aside from you believing that my maturity is related to my age) but if that is your opinion, so be it. Have a good night.

Good night and good luck with your degree.

I think many are missing the humor in this FML. Due to the lack of information regarding this family dynamics, we do not KNOW if he is just sharing a silly incident that occurred in his life or if this really is a vengeful mother.

Don't worry kyleekay your awesome. Grace just jealous of your epicness.

unknown_user5566 26
ABByLeeVashe 17

I understand both sides. I do my chores because I love my parents and they support me. But my mother is bipolar, which I understand, it’s just a large communication barrier and she’ll tell me to do something and then get angry when I do what she requests. For example, I started doing laundry for some time and would always fold the laundry when done with it. Well, when my mom felt up to doing laundry she would just throw it on the table and we would all get our own clothes. She got upset at me because every time I did laundry I folded the clothes I washed and what was left over from her part, and it “made her pile look bad”. She requested that I just put the clothes in a pile like she did, and I complied. Later that month she got mad at me for not folding the laundry. What I’m trying to say is that you know nothing of the dialog, so just…keep quiet. He had not excuse to storm out, and she had no excuse to damage property and blames her own child. You can’t “win” for making your argument for one or the other.

Hey, op, I understand exactly where you're coming from. I have a psychotic bitch mother too. The least I can say to you is that don't let her get you down. You'll be leaving your life without her soon enough.

reallytho3 11

As long as you live with your mom, you go by what she says. It's not smart to go against your mom.

That's so true. You just can't win a fight with moms.

You got in a fight and stormed out over CHORES? What are you, five? Grow the hell up. YDI and more, spoiled little brat.

You have no idea what the fight was about. Yeah chores but there is a lot of missing detail. I'm not saying your wrong but don't judge until you have all the facts. You're the one that needs to grow up.

unknown_user5566 26

31- Bottom line is that OP is the kid, mom obviously makes the rules. Unless OP is doing a lot to support the family financially (which usually isn't the case) some chores isn't a lot task. I started working full-time at 17 to help out my family and did high school online. Guess what? I still did chores.

unknown_user5566 26
pippacrawford 4

45- So punish him for it by grounding him for what he did do, not frame him for what he didn't. Yes he should be helping out, but the mom acted more like the child in this situation. Things like that might blow over eventually, but I bet OP will always have in the back of his mind the memory that his mother spitefully lied to get him in trouble. I'd lose some respect for her after that, and I certainly would be more hesitant to trust or confide in her since she might use that against me too. Also, she's hardly teaching her son to be responsible. All she did was show him that she'll win no matter what, even if she has to lie. That kind of unnecessary power trip builds resentment over time.

pippacrawford 4

Sorry, above comment was meant for 43

Shrouds 14

Cut a hole into the wall and chuckle, "guess i wont have to wait until after summer for sunlight."

They're called windows. Look into the new technology of our glorious age. =P

Your mom didn't just ground you for not doing as you were told?

Damn! Your mom is a cleverly evil person!