By greatstartto2010 - 03/01/2010 00:35 - United Kingdom

Today, I got home to find my entire video game collection and all my consoles had been stolen. Two weeks ago I brought them back from my University accommodation, specifically to stop them from being stolen while I was at home for the Christmas holiday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 602
You deserved it 2 548

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What're you talking about? He's a gamer, clearly he has many lives!

Comments

Did you lock your door? Sorry, but I've known way too many college age people who have stuff stolen and then when they talk to the news later say "From now on I'm going to lock my doors".

Fminetoo 0

Locked doors only keep honest people out really.... Especially if its something in your car, then they just break a window and steal your "belongings" (LOL) anyways. I leave my car unlocked all the time for this very reason.

That's why you don't leave things sitting out in the open in your car....seriously, don't parents teach kids basic common sense anymore?!

cookies_for_you 0

oww man that sucks :-/ i don't blame you though, cause i always take my games consoles and valuables home from uni. over the holidays too.

Get a life, #8? Just because someone plays games, doesn't mean they have no life.

razz27 0

wow as a fellow gamer i feel for u theres a few things u dont mess with and one of those us a man's xbox... but if it was a ps3 then YDI

zp123 0

I beg to differ. While xbox is generally viewed as being the superior console to the ps3, some of the ps3 exclusive games definitely make it worth it. Besides, he said "consoles"--meaning he has more than one, and probably not just new ones. OP: That sucks, in a major way. I hope you lock your doors. On the other hand, if you live with someone, I'd suggest taking a look at them. They may very well be responsible, even if they're family.

I bet the PS3 and the 360 (Assuming he has them) were gone and his Wii (Assuming he has one) was just sat in the corner. Who would take that?

I bet the PS3 and the 360 (Assuming he has them) were gone and his Wii (Assuming he has one) was just sat in the corner. Who would take that?

Shadzow 0
GiRIsMakingCupca 0
perdix 29

While all of your gamer stuff was stolen from your house, I'm sure your books are safe and sound at your "University accommodation" (a pretention way to say "dorm," I guess). The further irony is that the gamer gear is thoroughly worn out, while your books are in pristine condition having been untouched. Are you sure the "thieves" aren't the people paying for you to go to college to learn something?

Yeah,because in college you either work all the time or don't work at all,right? There's no way one of those students could both have fun and do work. It's also not possible that "the thieves who pay for him to learn something" bought the games for him...

The greatest irony here is that #23 sounds like he's never even been to college! Why would you ever bring books home with you over winter break?! Your fall books are useless because those classes have ended and your spring books are either not yet available or useless because the syllabi haven't been issued yet. You don't have to be bitter just because the OP is doing something with his life while you'll be back at work pumping gas or whatever tomorrow.

perdix 29

If you are playing A LOT of video games in college, you are not working hard enough. Either you are doing mediocre work or you are in a program that is not challenging enough. They've actually shown that casual gamers do the best in college -- better than hardcore gamers, but also better than people who play no games at all. Also, the people who bought him those games didn't know that he would be irresponsible enough to abuse them. He's probably better off having all that shit stolen during his college years.

thighsofglory 0

Your turn to pump gas or whatever will come soon enough, Frisbie, when you're up to your ass in loan debt and you spent the six-month grace period backpacking through Europe instead of looking for work because you were so burnt out from school...

I'm just trying to say, unless you know more about the OP than what's written here, there's no indication that he abused his games. He implied that there was probably quite a few things stolen,but he didn't say how much he played them.

Are you speaking from personal experience, Gloryhole, or are you just bitter too?

thighsofglory 0

Did I hurt your widdle feewings?

acesarge 0

This is why I play games on the pc. I use steam Once you pay for a game you can download it as many times as you want to on any pc as long as you have your steam account information. Well that and the awesome steam sales, I got about $800 worth of games for $150 over the Christmas sale this year.

itspimpz 0

sell your soul to the evil underworld ruler, the prince of darkness, the eater of live cats, shape shifter; Budah he will give you enough money to buy whatever you want

I think the universe is trying to tell you something.