By thebrokentardis - 22/09/2014 06:45 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, I got hit by a car while riding my bike to work. In the hospital, every single nurse lectured me about how I wouldn't be here if I wore a helmet, which I'm sure would be really helpful to my broken leg. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 651
You deserved it 5 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It wouldn't help your leg, but you should be wearing one!

Yeah, you should get a helmet for your leg.

Comments

euphoricness 28

And you wouldn't have written that reply to #7 if OP wore a helmet.

Maybe she meant knee-pads? Either way, FYL for having a broken leg.

Knightchaser27 25
JoSmokes 10

Okay first, I witnessed a guy on his bike get hit by the car in front of me 2 weeks ago. Entirely the bicyclists fault because he went against the light so nobody should talk about the driver at all without the full story. Second, The guy I saw landed right on his face with no helmet. The nurses may be confused about avoiding a broken leg with a helmet but they are definitely not wrong about the helmet. You're lucky, it could have been much worse.

I was in a similar accident recently, I was hit by a car on my bike as I rode it through a cross-walk on a green light. A truck turning right didn't see me coming and bam. The paramedics and nurses at the hospital lectured me about helmets too...they've seen preventable head injuries and they're only trying to save your brain from exploding all over the road. I've started wearing a helmet, and the fact that I thought I was too cool for it before seems idiotic now.

cjwayy 22

You got lucky. You could've gotten injured even worse, but karma was on your side. Wear a damn helmet.

Wait, Im confused... The nurses are telling him if he DID wear a helmet he would be dead?? That doesnt make any sense...

They're telling him that if he did wear a helmet, then he wouldn't' be in the hospital.

Lil_Red777 21

No they're telling OP that if she had worn a helmet she wouldn't be in the hospital.

Ok thanks for the clear up, I misinterpreted "not here" to being dead. Haha!

I thought your were being funny... I'm disapointed now ):

milky2321 14
jazmin3012 28