By unemployed-dude - 08/12/2015 06:17 - Australia - Vermont

Today, I got fired from my job because I closed the store 84 seconds early. They found out because the state manager was sitting across the street with binoculars watching me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 383
You deserved it 3 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people are complaining about the 84 seconds.....well i'm more concerned about the manager with his binoculars.

Doesn't seem like a great place to work if they are that uptight and not understanding, you'd be a lot happier in a nicer workplace I presume so it would be better in the end , but why would be bother wait outside is what I'm wondering

Comments

Doesn't seem like a great place to work if they are that uptight and not understanding, you'd be a lot happier in a nicer workplace I presume so it would be better in the end , but why would be bother wait outside is what I'm wondering

it's always best to close and lock the doors a minute after closing time OP because you never know who is watching you. if you close even slightly early that turns customers away from you. I known it sucks staying late.

And then get bitched out for wasting the store's money for staying open later than the appropriated time. Closing a store one minute and twenty-four seconds early is not a big deal, no matter which way you try to spin it.

Chin up OP! I wouldn't of wanted to work with such uptight asses anyways. Maybe this was better for you long term. Hopefully you'll be able to find a better job. :)

Some people take time is money way too seriously

that sucks I think the manager stalking you is worse than you getting fired

This sounds like the movie - "Horrible Bosses" where the boss gives some fresh shit to his junior for being 2 mins late to the office. This is really FML. My prayers for you to get a great job.

Your boss clearly wanted to catch you out. Could be that they had a suspicion you weren't closing at the right time but to be honest, it sounds like that person was looking for an excuse to fire you. I'm sorry OP, that really sucks. You might be able to appeal or take it up with HR as unfair dismissal or prove the boss was unreasonable.

Am I the only one that thinks it should have just been a difference between time devices... Maybe OP had a watch on that was a minute fast. I don't see how he could deserve this.

leogachi 15

@33 Apparently people think this is impossible, since they seem to be ignoring that possibility.

I hope for this as well. OP should be able to go to HR being the boss is very unreasonable.

I am so sorry that you lost your job OP. I know how you feel, however, because when I was in college, I worked for a fast food eatery. We weren't allowed to close until a certain notification, from the home office, on the managers computer arrived. If someone locked the restaurant doors early, the home office would be notified immediately, by the censors on the doors, then someone would get in serious trouble. Even if it was an emergency, we had to call the district manager to notify him that we are closing early. Hope you find a better job soon, good luck..