By Anonymous - 10/06/2014 15:05 - Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur

Today, I got cited for "internet plagiarism" and called to the dean's office. I'd been sitting a closed-book written exam, and my teacher had been breathing down my neck the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 925
You deserved it 4 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you try to hit undo when you were called to the office?

School system for you. They take plagiarism seriously.

Comments

This is a perfect example of how corrupt modern day authority figures really are. Good luck with him/her OP.

Your teacher must have some kind of bone to pick with you, watch your back OP.

Nobody said that the people teaching our youth were smart. In fact in the last several years studies show that the education system has failed to maintain a level of learning. When learning becomes just test after test.. I'll keep my kid home schooled.

RedPillSucks 31

Well, when you pay the teachers such low wages, what can you expect. Anyway, OP is from Maylasia, so we can't generalize too much

Is that really the reason you'll be home-schooling?

actually, that is a perfectly valid reason for home schooling. why put your kids through a system in which the majority of children hate, and the majority of children aren't even learning from, when you can teach them yourself and potentially portray learning as a fun activity?

Here is my opinion only use homeschooling as a last resort yes you can learn better and it is a better environment but I've seen to many homeschooled kids crash in the real world after it because no social skills were gained like you would get in a public or private school and many do not know how to function in society. Depending on how you teach homeschooling as great benefits but unless you can make them have social interaction to learn social right from wrong and appropriate behavior in public it can really hurt them. This is my opinion as a teenager with homeschooled friends so take it or leave it.

Well this can be proven false...hope it all works out though

Are you sure you were cited for the assessment you were sitting? Often assignments are due pretty close to exams, so maybe your most recent paper is the issue

I know your feeling man OP don't mess with those kind of teachers...

therealjc_fml 14

Definitely need more details for this one

How do you plagiarize a written exam. If you can do that you have a great memory and deserve an A.

askullnamedbilly 33

Nope. If you copy someone else's work without giving credit, it's plagiarism and you should be punished. It doesn't matter if you have a physical copy of the source material lying next to you or if you've managed to memorize the entire thing for some reason. It might take a lot effort, but so does a well orchestrated bank heist and that still is theft as well.

zach055 23

I know that the OP is Malaysian, but let me tell you how much the American school system is screwed up. In Math classes, if we write the correct answer without showing our work, we get the question marked incorrect even when the answer is correct. If we get the incorrect answer while showing our work, we get it marked correct. I once heard a teacher say, 'if you say that 2+2=5 it will be marked correct as long as you show your work. If you say 2+2=4 without showing your work it will be marked wrong.'

askullnamedbilly 33

And what exactly did your rant about the American school system have to do with the comments you replied to? OR the FML itself? It's about plagiarism, and OP does not live anywhere near America.

Damn my bullshit-o-meter just went into orbit