By lovingsnow - 27/02/2010 07:37 - Singapore

Today, I got back home and my hamster was dead. I left notes two weeks ago everywhere to remind my parents to feed it while I was overseas. Apparently, my parents even didn't realize I was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 266
You deserved it 2 782

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Heartbreakher 0

Parents these days It seems like a lot of them are already forgetting there own kids, fyl.

Comments

She left notes to REMIND them to feed him, not to ask them. She probably did first ask them face-to-face. OP, how on Earth did your parents not realize you were gone for two weeks? Apparently you live with them - did you not say goodbye? Are you never home to begin with? And yeah, it sucks that your hamster died, but those things are so short-lived anyway it's not really worth crying over. Just go get a new one.

#36 thats so mean!!!! u cant just say, "it's not really worth crying over. Just go get a new one." before u know how much that hamster meant to the OP. pets r very special.

I know pets are very special. I've had a dog die on me before. But that was a dog who was only a few months younger than me, who had been a part of my family for all his life (he was my aunt's dog's puppy, she gave him to us) and therefore all of my remembered life. It sucks when a pet dies, I know. But I'm guessing this hamster has not been with the OP that long, seeing as most hamsters only live to be about three years old. If OP is old enough to travel overseas alone, she probably hasn't had this hamster for a great portion of her life. She had to know it wasn't going to live all that long, and should have been emotionally prepared for it to die within a few years. If you're going to get super-attached to your pet, get something with a longer lifespan. Don't get too attached to hamsters.

Okay first of all why wouldn't they know you were gone? Do you often leave for weeks without letting someone know where you are? Next time try lettin them know you are leaving face to face insted of leaving post-it notes around. YDI

If you want to ask somebody to do something, actually ASK THEM, don't write notes. If you're so self-centered that you have no time no talk to your parents, no wonder they didn't think about some pet of yours.

denbeste 3

YDI for not teaching it to hunt for food!

xx_kaelen_xx 0

haha ^^ epic win!!! lol I agree they are magical things!!

Fresh4416 0

the inventer of the post-it note was actually trying 2 make a super adhesive.....

missy22_fml 0

well then he failed. didn't he?

te_amo1630 0

aweee that poor thing =[ I had a hampster his name was mr. big =] I got him for my 14 bday and he died on my 18th bday. I'm enlisting to into the military. I'm glad it's dead so I don't have to worry about it =] but my condolences to ur hampster.

V_GEHTS 0

Your hamster lived an untypical long time. You must have taken good care of it. Cool you are enlisting in the miliptary

I'm sorry, but why didn't you ask them to make sure they'd agree to feed your hamster? Or at least tell them that you're going away? Besides - you could've just left it with enough food. Hamsters aren't likely to eat it all at once, they tend to store it. Granted it's not ideal, but better than taking a chance on your parents noticing you're not in - seeing as you don't appear to talk to them too much.

Do you ever actually speak to them, or do you just kind of litter the house with notes?