By Gabby125 - 19/09/2010 02:54 - United States

Today, I got back from a three week trip in the Alaska back-country. I survived climbing fatally steep mountains, white water rafting in a freezing glacier river, and a near bear attack. Despite all that, a badly thrown frisbee managed to split my eyebrow in half. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 664
You deserved it 4 303

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taconinja1995 0

I think the mountain threw the frisbee, trying to kill you a second time.

3ddie_the_head 0

Sounds like you had a fun trip.

Comments

BoyFromTheFuture 0

at least it wasn't odd job's hat! you wouldn't last long as Bond.

FFML_314 11

That sounds..painful and rather gross.

Really? I thought it sounded rather fun

astroid714 0

smoke a blunt problem solved!!!

perdix 29

WTF is a "near bear attack?" No one "survives" a near bear attack. Either you survive or get killed in a bear attack. Near bear attacks don't count -- it's like being nearly pregnant, there's no such thing. You could say you were nearly attacked by a bear, but that is not an event where your survival is in doubt.

FootballFreak4 3

Yeah OP just wanted another shitty thing to put on the FML.

FFML_314 11

A near bear attack is when you are attacked near a bear. It wasn't that hard to figure out. Freeze could be right too.

perdix 29

Well, FFML_314, I was thinking that maybe a "near bear" was a species like polar, Kodiak, grizzly or Care.

perdix 29

#35, MagicalPegicorn, funny you mention that! I was in Alaska in June and right there in Anchorage, I got within three feet of a moose. I stepped away a couple of feet and snapped an iPhone picture of it. Later on, locals told me that moose are the most unpredictable animals. Ordinarily they are docile, but can go nuts from time to time and attack viciously.

FFML_314 11

No, Perdix. The OP was simply trying to point out, that while he was being savagely attacked by the rabid rabbits, the bear was lurking near by.

YouSuckAtLove 0

the bear must have went to attack.. but then stopped.

perdix 29

It could have been worse, FFML_314, instead of rabid rabbits, it could have been Sarah Palin. . . she's been known to pounce on suspected Democrat tourists, fueled by the emotional turmoil of her affair with Glenn Beck.

FFML_314 11

Are you trying to tell me that SNL is a lie? *Runs away crying*

perdix 29

I'm sorry to break it to you, but Sarah Palin is not a fictional character invented by Tina Fey. She's an actual half-term governor of a detached state, and I hear she has something to do with politics.

FFML_314 11

WTF! I thought we were friends?

perdix 29

True friends tell each other the unvarnished truth. Acquaintances will allow lies, like cake, to linger. I feel it's my duty as an elder to edu-ma-cate you in the ways of the world. I must point out wonders like Sarah Palin who manages to keep herself in the spotlight, despite the fact she has the political heft of a bumper sticker -- an easily-removable magnetic bumper sticker, not one of those held on with glue that require some effort to change.

perdix 29

I'd like that. Would you mind if a little dry-humping occurred? With close proximity to a female and thoughts of Sarah Palin, it's kind of a reflex. Flec, flec, flec, flec, flex.

FFML_314 11

OK, but only because I'm a giving person.

perdix 29

Ya know. . . if you play your cards right, you could also be a receiving person. **weeenk!** ;)

Kanvis78 0

I have not been to Alaska in 6 year it was great but now if I go back Sarah Palin will pounce on me??? that a milf I would like to fill a buster lol

what about the infamous "far bear"? i hear those are pretty scary... |the kid|

perdix 29

Dragons_corner, I heard that! The perfect woman is Sarah Palin with a vocal-cord-ectomy!

MadameJello 0

by "near bear attack" the OP means he saw a bear.....

MadameJello 0

by "near bear attack" the OP means he saw a bear.....

1frostedcupcake 0

It means OP was nearly attacked by a bear..kinda self explanatory..

No_habla_espanol 11

lmfao "nearly pregnant" hahahaha

@124 But you can't just "nearly" get attacked by a bear. You either get attacked or you don't.

@102 Or maybe he just nearly saw a bear.

YouSuckAtLove 0

that frisbee must have had sharp wooden edges.

Born and raised Alaskan here, that's a typical Alaskan weekend camping trip. Except you didn't encounter a moose. Suck it up princess! Sorry about the frisby mishap though, that does suck! I hope it doesn't scar.

*Frisbee, apparently I am too tired to spell correctly. Off to bed....

doink 0

I don't think they were complaining about all of the previous feats, but rather they were proud of them. But then they were defeated by a silly frisbee, and that threw them off. I want to see a moose!