By littlestardramaq - 06/07/2010 03:48 - United Kingdom

Today, I got an email from my cousin to "save the date" for her baby shower. It's on my 21st birthday. This is the same cousin who got engaged on my 18th. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 576
You deserved it 4 349

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Raleigh_bruh 7

Question is, do you plan on going?

punch her in the gut!!... wait... yeah punch her in the gut!!! XD

Comments

Just a question... Why would you care if she got engaged on your birthday? Big ******* deal, that you're not the center of everything.

so? I rarely have birthday parties that are actually on my birthday, I just wait for the closest Friday or Saturday

Raleigh_bruh 7

Some people take being able to legally buy cigarettes seriously. :P Although, the age does differ in some states.

howareyoulard 0

it's just a birthday... oh wait it's your 21st birthday, you get to drink, BIG WHOOP... I bet you have probabaly been drunk already, and if you haven't, drink the next day....get over it.

She's from the UK. You can drink from when you're 18 there.

sourgirl101 28

For me- drinking wasn't the biggest thing. It's being able to club hop with your friends that makes turning 21 a big deal. Baby showers normally are in the day time. Go, eat as much carbs as you can because you'll need something to soak up all that liquor you'll be drinking much latter on that night. Who knows maybe your other family members will hand you cash if you let them know it's also your birthday.

In the UK people like their 18th because you're legally allowed to drink. Or at least, that's the main thing you get. And I'm not sure about smoking, it used to be 16, but they may have increased it. Personally I'm not sure what's so special about 21st, but that might just be because at that point you don't get anything new... @OP - She couldn't really control getting engaged, could she? Also, if it bothers you so much why didn't you politely return the email asking if there was another date she could have because that was your 21st?

in the UK it's the minimum age you can be to buy alcohol :)