By joecool3426 - 03/10/2013 06:23 - United States

Today, I got a ticket for speeding in a school zone. The school hasn't even been built yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 560
You deserved it 9 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Most officers I know are reasonable and respectable. The few who aren't ruin the reputation of the rest, similar to the idiots who ruin it for those who have some small amount of common sense.

Comments

giorgi0202 9

That sucks! I hope your fees get discharged.

Pay in coins. Make them count every coin.

I have seen people do that. It really shows those lawmakers who are boss. By abusing a poor minimum wage slave who has nothing to do with you getting the ticket or putting the sign there. Yes, you should totally make the poor person behind the desk suffer for crimes they did not commit because you are an asshole.

perdix 29

That might give some civil servant a hard-on. ;)

police are just getting desperate now

perdix 29

Be glad you weren't charged with vehicular homicide for hitting all those schoolkids who aren't even born yet! In Texas, that's a thing.

If there's a designated school zone, which MEANS there are posted speed limit signs saying so, there is no exception, whether the school is constructed or not. Maybe OP should stop posting on FML while driving and pay attention to the street figs. YDI

okay, i hate to be the asshole here but i really dont think you ought to speed except in rare cases? sorry OP but YDI.

You shouldn't speed even in rare cases. Maybe reevaluate your time and leave early.

Well, a rare case would be maybe a dying relative or getting to the hospital? I've had that happen and the court threw out the ticket, but they did warn me to call the cops next time. They might get you an escort...

What if you have a prego gf in the car and she goes into labor. I guess that little shit in her belly is just gonna have to wait another 45minutes cause you refuse to go faster than the speed limit.

You can appeal that. Law says that only when children are present. Still sucks that you have to deal with that headache though.

Actually, the law states that school zone speed designation is not subject to certain times, unless specified on the sign (I.e. 20 mph during school hours). So, kids or not, it's a valid, and deserved, ticket.

Unless there were No signs alerting him of a speed limit and/or school zone.