By victimboi - 05/06/2009 19:07 - United Kingdom

Today, I got a taxi home from work. Only having notes in my wallet, I told the taxi driver that I'd run inside my house and come back out with the change for the journey. He agreed, but only if I left my bag as collateral. It seemed fair. An hour later, I realized my wallet was missing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 352
You deserved it 48 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

irishlassie731 0

You deserve it for leaving your personal belongings in a freakin taxi, especially your wallet. Moron.

Comments

irishlassie731 0

You deserve it for leaving your personal belongings in a freakin taxi, especially your wallet. Moron.

My buddy dropped his wallet with 700$ in it one time .. He was kinda stupid for carrying that much money on him , but nonetheless .. Cabbies are ****** ruthless

I would have said it more politely than #11, but I agree with his overall sentiment. Best to keep your wallet on you at all times. I'm sorry the cabbie was such a butt, though.

jeffers 0

I assume by "notes" the OP meant bills and "Change" the OP meant coins. In which case, why didn't you just pay with the bills?

Pshh I woulda got out the taxi with your bag anyway. It's not like he doesn't know where you live DUHH. And what else would he of done if you said no? He can't drive around with you in the taxi forever.

Nikkitaria 9

agreed. Just take the bag! I don't get why all the comments said she shouldve taken what she didn't want stolen with her. Its not like the taxi driver couldve done anything about it.

hopefully you got his name, cab # or license #. no need for collateral though - next time think about it. he knows where you live, if you don't come back with the money he can find you. or leave something like a shoe for collateral.

seriously YDI because you could've given him an extra 1-99 cents, whatever it was haha. wtf?

It probably would have been more than that, as the lowest note (AKA 'bill') in the UK is a fiver.

Wow...i guess never trust a taxi driver with all your money and I.D.

sportsRlife 0

Your own fault. Why would you trust a cab driver with ur bag. Sketchy.

jncwmnd 0

you deserve that for leaving your purse..let alone your wallet with the cab driver