By Anonymous - 10/11/2009 06:43 - United States

Today, I got a paper back that was given a zero for suspected plagiarism. Everything I wrote was my own thought and analysis. My instructor basically thinks my paper is smarter than I am. He won't listen, even when I explain my thought processes throughout the piece. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 670
You deserved it 2 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not simply in America or Hungary, the situation is worse in India. In India, reading or writing is not the culture of the youth in majority. I always had teachers who became teachers perhaps because they did not have anything else to do. All my papers, essays and critical reviews were questioned because my writing was "like that of an expert" (Putting it in words of one of my teachers in high school). But I always proved to convince my ideas and as I had good academic results always, so that didn't turn out to be such a larger issue for me. OP accept my heart felt empathy.

Comments

Make him prove it was plagarized; he's the accuser, he needs to prove it!

well can you get him to locate the source?

Unless he can prove it, he's out of luck. If you're in college, contact the department head about this.

Is he basing this on anything? What a dick.

mizanonymous 0

well i say take it up with the school. If you can prove your thought process, the school will hopefully take your side. If you want to be vindictive you can file a complaint and harass the school to get him fired or censured. Then read your papers to him while he's collecting cans along the highway. :P j/k... but if thats your cup of tea more power to you!

Sun_Kissed18 25

A little lower would be better

had that happen to me once..it sucked. i feel your pain

Omg my English teacher did that too. I failed english because of the 0 I got

Surely if it's a paper that actually matters for your grade he's got to have some sort of proof rather than suspicion? I can't claim to know the US educational system too well but jump the pond over here and something like that would never be allowed for a graded piece.