By Anonymous - 15/09/2012 11:36 - United States - Hockessin

Today, I got a mosquito bite inside my cast. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 501
You deserved it 2 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Props for typing one of the shortest FML!!

BunchieRules 31

Those mosquitos don't give up, do they? I've had them inside my clothes, but a cast? FYL, OP.

Comments

MichellinMan 20

I'd use a fork. A spoon would just massage it.

Just make sure u dont grab a knife!!! Oopsie!!!

That's a worthwhile FYL - sorry, OP - I hope it stops itching soon! Maybe you can use a skinny wooden skewer to get down in there and scratch it?

CJ91516 11

Those things are already itchy. I feel sorry for you man

Well it's better not to scratch it anyway. But FYL, because the scratching is sooo satisfying, even though it hurts more afterwards.

Everyone saying to stick a spoon or coat hanger down there and scratch it obviously never had a cast or didn't have a good doctor put it on. If they had the doctor would've informed them to never do that because the skin inside the cast is very sensitive and prone to infection. A small scratch from an object you stick in there can develop into a horrible infection. Unfortunately you'll just have to deal OP. Putting up the the annoyance of not being able to scratch an itch is nothing next to the potential of having to put up with an infected limb inside of a cast.

I don't know if YOU'VE ever had a cast; but they ******* itch, bad. Having a bug bite in my cast would drive me to blood lust....

Speaking from experience (I've had 4 casts), not scratching isn't an option. for safety reasons, probably shouldn't use a cost hanger like you were saying, but a ruler or the eraser end of a pencil? No harm there.

I just learned that the reason the bite itches is because of an allergic reaction from the saliva of the mosquito. All those itchy bites because of bug spit! :P

gallopinghorses 3

Ugh. I know the feeling I just got my leg cast off and I had a mosquito too... It sucks!

Get out the fork. Once I had a cast for 8 weeks, they suck.