By graduate - 06/06/2009 13:17 - United States

Today, I got a computer. When I opened it, I found out that my dad had made himself the administrator. He made it so everything shut off after 11 o'clock, and made it so I couldn't download anything without his password. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 952
You deserved it 7 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just download tons of horse **** on his computer. When he asks why, tell him that for some reason, you couldn't download anything on yours so you used his instead. :D

Comments

brooklyngirl_fml 0

do a "safe mode" restart...you can access any account that is on there and change everything with out a password...if its a laptop the easiest way I know of doing this is to purposely over heat it ;)

Lordotehtuba007's Tech Support: To restart your computer in safe mode, purposely overheat it! F8 on startup is the hard way.

Herbal_fml 0

Figure out his password. Your dad bought you a computer, be happy.

DreMaMa 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
stupidmonkey80 0

the '5' year old is a graduate so they have to be at least 21 dumb@55

Why would they have to be 21? I graduated from high school at 17. If they are 21, maybe it's time to do things on their own.

monkeyz0r 0

hehe this gets SO annoying, my parents did this for my computer, except it was with websites too. i know there's a whole you have to follow his rules thing, but that doesnt prevent it from getting annoying too... -_-'

Only use #13's advice if you hate your laptop! If you need to get to safe mode all you have to do is tap F8 while starting up. Download a Linux distro and install it to a flash drive restart the computer and all his settings are useless and unless he sees you using it he will never know as windows won't be active to log it.

If it's a Mac then he can use it as a paperweight or as an expensive leapfrog, which is basically what they are. or he can use it as a coaster :-)

hey_banana 0

Agreed with #13 You can change passwords in safemode by logging into the real admin. It has no password. Then you can either remove your dad's password or change it.

Get a Live CD of a linux-based operating system like Ubuntu. Get a USB stick or flash card. Insert CD into the PC, boot it up, you have your own operating system that your father can't access. Use this to download what you want and save it onto your memory device.