This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By stressedbride - 22/01/2017 08:00

Today, I got a call from the tailor I asked to alter my wedding dress a month ago. She's sick in the hospital and will be unable to do my dress. My wedding is in 25 days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 193
You deserved it 877

Top comments

shortstuf1821 0

I was more concerned for the woman in the hospital than the OP..

That sucks but at least it wasn't 5 days before the wedding! good luck

Comments

Meh. I don't know why this is an FML, like I get you're stressed and this is another thing (kinda big thing,) but just take your dress to someone else and pay a rush fee. Unless the FML is that your dress wasn't done in the month your tailor had it? In which case still meh.

Plenty of time to find a new tailor, if this is a FML for you, then your life must be easy...

Wow, people are seriously rude about this. OP isn't saying that it's the tailor's fault or anything. If they gave the tailor their dress a month ago, it sounds like they haven't even started on it. And you don't have to be fat to need a tailor. A lot of people get things tailored, especially if they're taller or shorter than average or something similar. Not everything on this site is some huge life changing problem, most of them are very minor.

thunderniron 22

Get another seamstress. They're not hard to find. I know 25 days is tight but if you explain it I'm sure they can get it done for you.

Mrst0530 10

Although this sucks so terribly for you while someone is in the hospital, you have more than enough time to find someone else to alter your dress and you can probably get some of your money back from your current tailor since she didn't finish the job. Either way, you'll be alright.

..yea but someone is in the hospital so F their L maybe?

So go to a different tailor. I know your wedding day is important but I'm sure she didn't plan on ending up in the hospital. Seems her life sucks more than yours atm

I guess instead of whining on fml id be looking for a new tailor.