By Annabelle - 05/07/2009 20:12 - United States

Today, I got a call from my parents that they have decided to get a divorce. My brothers and I just shelled out $5,000 each and spent months planning their 50th Anniversary party that was supposed to be next month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 216
You deserved it 3 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To everyone who said YDI for spend slot of money, You parents probley spend 10-20 times as much to keep you alive, so respect them.

the likelihood of a couple getting divorced after 50 years is pretty slim......

Comments

shells150675 0

You're American... sue them to get your money back?

wishingtobe 2

what does being American have to do with suing??

'Cause Americans have a reputation for suing anyone over anything? lol

shells150675 0

lol... thanks wolfy, at least someone got my joke!

You do realise you can just freely sue anyone for anything.

Please, cut out the stereotypes. We really don't sue each other as much as you think.

Who gets a divorce after 50 years? I'm calling fake.

To everyone who said YDI for spend slot of money, You parents probley spend 10-20 times as much to keep you alive, so respect them.

"brothers and I" meaning 15k+. Yes, your parents spent more than that on growing up, but that's over the course of 18+ years. If my siblings and I spent 15k on my parents' anniversary, they'd beat us dead (not joking) 15k on single anniversary is foolish, that or they're really loaded. Also, kindness doesn't = smart. ie. letting a stranger borrow your car.

noelykins1 19

^15k plus is a lot of money but in all actuality it's not as much as you might think especially for a 50th anniversary. Catering, the place, the presents, the band, the video display probably, the decorations, maybe an ice sculpture, the cake, and they also most likely gave them an all expense vacation to a luxury resort. Because dammit 50 years is a long time!

cloudkittycat 0

Your parents are getting divorced and you're mad about the money you spent on them? I'd be too upset that my parents were getting a divorce after 50 YEARS of marriage to care about money.

A lot of people get divorced after 50 years. Couples find themselves alone and unoccupied, in each other's face all day, every day. It gets stressful and they just can't deal with each other anymore. I've seen old couples that have grown to hate each other ever since they retired and their kids moved away, so don't call bullshit on something you know nothing about. OP: FYL for your parents getting divorced. Oh and the money :)

Okay, it sucks that they got divorced. And to all the people saying that they wasted money on their parents, well their parents kind of gave them the sweet gift of life and this is a 50th anniversary, so I think what they did was nice. Once again, too bad they got divorced...

I would be pissed about the money too, not at them but at the situation...Of course it's a good thing for people to do this for their parents after being supported over the years, but they do have a right to be upset because the money & planning is now for nothing. Think of it this way, if they weren't getting divorced and took the trip, the FML wouldn't be here, they'd be happy about it. Best of luck to you and your parents. After 50 years it's almost hard to believe...happens though

never again spell out omg like that. ever. get off the internet and go play pokemon 12 yr old

SVelasquez 0

Oh that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. FYL for sure.