By Anonymous - 30/04/2016 01:09 - United States - Saint Petersburg

Today, I gave my boss a report I wrote on my own time, full of suggestions on how to increase productivity and profits at our company. He said my ideas made "about as much sense as pistol-whipping a ghost" and that I was impressing no-one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 018
You deserved it 2 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It might just be because it was bad. Just because you made it in your own time doesn't make it better.

Comments

I'd be extremely impressed if i saw someone pistol whipping a ghost

He's probably going to end up using them. You did a good OP. We're all proud

dietcoke09 25

That's really great for you to do that. Seriously, put it in your resume and keep it attached to it so employers can see your initiative and willingness to help and lead others. Unfortunately some bosses are just plain out rude but I'm sure he's keeping note of it for the future. Stay out of his hair for awhile though.

I bet Frank that's blowing these comments up has everything business figured out, but management keeps holding him down over some BS politics. Vote Frank 2016, clearly he get us right.

Mathalamus 24

I would personally not bother with suggestions. Not my freaking job. Unless I'm a manager.

Unless they're asking for your opinion, it's best to keep your opinions to yourself (unless something is literally not working at all). I work with someone who will stay late at work to finish projects and she will do them completely wrong. She wines and complains as she has to redo them but as others have mentioned, using your own time to try to solve work problems isn't great. Leave work at work.

saffy66 34

It will be interesting to e if he later presents your ideas as his own... It happens far too often.