By hard worker - 22/08/2016 01:03

Today, I gave my boss 2 weeks notice for me leaving work, as I had received a better job offer with twice the pay. I thought he took it well until I heard him mutter under his breath, "About fucking time." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 302
You deserved it 1 621

Same thing different taste

Top comments

About ******* time you realize you're qualified for a better job and more money. Took you long enough, OP.

Don't feel bad! You're getting a better job, better pay AND leaving behind a grumpy boss. It's a win-win-win situation.

Comments

Don't worry OP, eventually you'll find a better job and better boss who isn't a dick hole.

Allornone 35

OP found a better job. But the boss is an unknown quantity at this juncture.

About ******* time you realize you're qualified for a better job and more money. Took you long enough, OP.

Don't feel bad! You're getting a better job, better pay AND leaving behind a grumpy boss. It's a win-win-win situation.

But how do we know that the OP wasn't a terrible worker with an awful attitude? The entire time they were working there could have just been one big FML for the boss. You never know...

I think this is a win for you, OP. **** that guy, and never use him as a reference. Dickholes don't deserve to be referenced.

And that's when you say "okay then, I retract my 2 weeks. I'm leaving now" and walk out the door. Provided you're not worried about burning that bridge.

I don't see the problem. Your boss doesn't like you and is happy you're leaving. Who cares? You found a better job where you'll hopefully be more appreciated.

**** him - take the two weeks as a vacation. Bosses can be such pricks

Sounds like he took it even better than you thought!

amccaul1976 8

Bad bosses don't last. When the turnover rate is too high, out the door they go. Frankly, I think you've already wasted too much time on the guy. After you have been working your new job for about a month that guy will be a bad memory. Hopefully not a memory at all.