By Anonymous - 17/06/2009 12:27 - France

Today, I gave a beautiful book of baby names to a friend of mine who's been trying to get pregnant for a while. She just burst into tears when she saw it. Just before meeting me, she'd found out she was sterile. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 295
You deserved it 7 268

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL. No way you could have seen that coming

28339 0

that's so sad. but it's not your fault, you didn't know

Comments

that is so unfortunate. if she had JUST found out, there is no way you could have possibly known. FYL & FHL

blondegurl718 0

To #5: well if it's so overpopulated...maybe you shouldn't have been born either.

ohhhhshizzz 0
ohhhhshizzz 0

Oh my hell are people going to start this again. Yes people we know the world is 'overpopulated' but honestly if you care so much. No more one night stands, have sex only in relationships with girls who don't want kids and go on a killing spree. If you care THAT much. OR, shut the hell up.

Agree with #5, world is overpopulated with humans as it is!

How old are you? Go look it up, underage faget.

Looks like #13 isn't the only one who needs to look up a word.

This is where Google would make you seem like less of an idiot

I wept when I read your comment, #13. I feel so bad that Incest still happens in this day and age.

whyowhy26 3
funsize003 0

dictionaries are helpful. if you're going to be an ass, at least do it well.

jnic 0

LOL. You're such a fan of looking things up, but you can't even come close to spelling "******" right. Oh beautiful irony.

its not your fault she would have no reason to get mad at you.

dinosaursmoo 0

Wait, what does sterile mean? I thought it was like what hand sanitizer, like, did.

Just bad luck on your part. Your life is not F'ed!

Meowff 0

#13, it means she can't have babies. Her eggs are sterile, like, it's impossible for her to get pregnant. If a guy is sterile, he can get any girls pregnant. His sperm "doesn't work," yah know? Awhhh. That sucks. You didn't know. Comfort her, and tell her she can adopt!

r83839 22

He *can't get any girls pregnant

jewelzgalore 0

aw :( But she can always adopt!

What? No it isn't. In the example you gave, MONTHS had passed. In this one the OP's friend had JUST found out she was sterile. The OP didn't "forget"' she was sterile, he didn't know yet. You sir, are a dumbass.

no way, that one is way more ******. I mean, that was about people who had lost their son. This one is about a woman sterile. Woo how bad, just adopt a child. A child who you have loved for three years is irreplaceable.

The situation in that one was a lot worse, agreed. But in that one the OP 'forgot' that was the name of their previous son. Making the OP an idiot for suggesting that name... Being deserved. Not an more of FML. In this one, the OP just wasn't told yet. Not the OP's fault. Also, you adopt a child and see if it's the same as creating and birthing your own. It's not! (usually)

Tripodi 0

dumbass, youre a ******* idiot...they deserve it for being friends with someone emotional? youre full of shit, if i found out that my wife was sterile then id be ******* pissed, crying about that is a good reason ********

So you think that not having/being able to have a baby, is being useless to humanity... ? Wow that is really stupid.

flex_able 0

i agree!!! and nobody has the right to judge someone based on their reaction to finding out they cant have children either

firebirdforever 0

I agree. If the only point of humanity is make more little babies and just breed and breed, what is the point of humanity? There's more to life then having children. There's nothing wrong with having children, but to define yourself by children and considering yourself 'worthless' because of an inability to procreate seems like you have some serious self esteem issues!

ohhhhshizzz 0
funsize003 0

by this, I feel as if you are implying that women are useless to humanity except for the contribution of childbirth. you sir, are a moron. you're probably some piece of shit who still lives with his mom. fail.

jnic 0

Sounds like sarcasm. Has to be.

It could have served as a symbol of confidence that the friend would get pregnant! Often, gifts like that provide encouragement to continue trying and not give up hope. Or to further build excitement. It wasn't the best time to give the book, but the OP wasn't foolish or out of line to give that gift. Cut them some slack. They were trying to give a nice, encouraging gift to their friend facing a struggle.

emmaphant 0

If you adopt a newborn, they don't have names. So she could use it.