By mmvv - 08/02/2010 05:41 - United States

Today, I found out the hard way that my boyfriend occasionally wets the bed. He's 25 and we're moving in together next month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 414
You deserved it 3 841

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL but even more FHL. Be supportive and go see a doctor together. I bet there's something that can help him.

Comments

Well this is weird. Last time a female wrote about still wetting the bed and people went apeshit and told her how disgusting and horrible and immature she was. Now it's a male wetting the bed and it's OK and people are nicer.

Malinkrot 3

It's because most of the guys on this website who are regular commenters are insecure virgins who are bitter towards women since they get rejected repeatedly in real life. Being a badass on the internet is for people who are tormented and looked down on in real life.

Quite the, uh, analysis you've got there, #21. I was just going to suggest that if the FMLs happened to go through at different times of day, they were probably commented on by entirely different people. But what do I know?

redhead12 0

It's not outside the realm of possibility for both of you to be correct. Perhaps, due to the time of day at which this FML was posted, a specific group of readers commented. In fact, the lurking group of lonely, bitter male readers may have never even read this FML...but they may have read other ones.

That double-standard happens all the time. Same happens for FMLs in which someone is insulted because of their weight. The guys get more support and FYL while if the OP is a woman the comments are filled with "FAT ***** LOSE WEIGHT".

F His L, as he's moving in with a girl who would say that HER life is messed up because HE has some medical issues. Way to be supportive. Also, if you're that appaled by it it's a pretty good sign that you aren't supposed to be moving in together anyway.

mmvv 0

I'm not appalled, it's just a bit of a problem for me since I have OCD with one of my 'things' being liquid contamination. Even without OCD, how many people honestly enjoy waking up, covered in someone else's pee? We are still together and we've talked about it but he's too embarassed to see anyone about it, so we're trying out natural methods of prevention.

If that doesn't start working, you really should encourage him to see someone. Sure, it's a little embarassing but the doctor isn't going to laugh at him.

Now that makes the FML a bit more reasonable, at least in my opinion. While waking up in someone else's pee isn't exactly the greatest way to greet the morning, I'm sure, it's a condition that the person you love suffers from. In that sense, no, not enjoyable, but more painful to him in embarrassment than it is to you. That of course, was before I knew about the OCD, which makes it a tad more complicated.. Anyway, I'm sorry about your situation, and while I do understand that he doesn't want to see anyone it's probably the most rational option. If whatever you're trying right now doesn't work out right, I'd motivate him to go because in the end solving it will outweigh the embarrassment of talking about it. (Although honestly, how much embarrassment is there going to be in talking about a medical issue to a professional? They come across things like this all the time.) On the other hand, it's easy for me to talk from here behind my laptop, not being in any kind of a similar situation.. So, all I can say is, good luck and I hope you manage to solve the situation, however you end up doing it.

mmvv 0

Thanks Alex. Too much background information to put into the FML really.

Naturally, and in the end none of the internet's business, I guess. Just felt like I had to set something straight after coming off a little strongly in my first comment. ;)

First of all. I voted **** your god damn life, girl. That's pretty bad. Second, I'm going to agree with a good majority of these people. You shouldn't be sitting here and posting this on the internet. You do -NOT- go to the internet for these kinds of problems. Especially since they're "really" not your problems! They're his. Oh, sure, it's going to inconvenience you and make you feel gross and feel 'bad' for him. Except, where is he in this position? Today, I looked on this site and found out that my OCD girlfriend posted about my private problems that I have no control of and am -very- self-conscious about. FML. Really? Sorry if this comes off harsh, but you deserve the trolling if you're going to post something like this. :(

mmvv 0

FML is anonymous. It's just a bit of fun. I do know it is a serious situation, but how is this any worse than posting the other private matters that constantly appear on here? I understand what you mean and where you're coming from though.

Let him know that I also have a problem with bed-wetting, but I talked to my doctor and he gave me a pill to take before bed. I haven't had a problem in 3 years.

Thats nasty but see if there is anything that can be done to help fix it. I wouldn't be sleeping in a bed with him again.

Just he supportive of him. Go to the doctors and see if there's anything he can reccomend to help it.

OP there's some FmL way back of the same issue but a reverse gender of a girl who going to move in with her boy friend and still bed wet. I think those two are made for each other....O.o

how is it everyone is ok with bed wetting? why hasn't he done somthing about it yet? I put up with a pisser for 10 years, it's discusting! its going to make your room smell bad, yuck the thought of makes me feel I'll, don't moove in with him, just don't do it!

I cannot even believe what you have just said, Wanda...what you said about this fml and the way you treat it, probably defines why you will never get close to a relationship. Learn to accept the problems of others. That's like all your friends writing an fml about you and a problem in your pathetic isolated life. People like you sicken me. And PLEASE learn to spell.

Poor guy. If you love him, go to the doctor's. These things can be taken care of.

realggirl 0

If you really love him it shouldn't matter. How is this a FYL? Because you'll have to wash the sheets a little more often?

Honestly, you wouldn't want to wake up in someone's pee either. I would say it's F BOTH of their lives: his for having an embarrassing medical condition and hers for having to deal with the side affects. I'm sure they're still together and it is just an issue they need to overcome, but it isn't just about sheets either. I'm sure they have to extensively clean the mattress as well (mattresses absorb EVERYTHING). Unless they have a plastic covering for that. Even so, not how I want to spend my morning. Just because the OP loves her boyfriend doesn't mean she should have to wake up every morning soaked in his urine. Yes, the condition shouldn't deter her love from him, but, if he loves her, he should love her enough to seek medical advice on how to stop it so she doesn't have to wake up like that every morning.

voveraite 7

Just a question here: Why would SHE have to wash the sheets? Also, for the sake of the mattresses, how about one of those protective sheets?

two words my brotha: MALE DOMINANCE...FTW. just saying.

You piss on the things you love... I love lamp...

mmvv 0

This comment made my day. Brilliant.