By nobieb - 20/08/2013 16:28 - Canada - Welland

Today, I found out that while having a GPS tracker in your car is helpful for tracking down car thieves, it's also helpful to your psycho ex, who can use it to track you down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 134
You deserved it 3 604

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Restraining order! Best to be safe then sorry! That's creepy as hell!

Psycho ex's.... For those who don't have one, consider yourself lucky. FYL OP.

Comments

Take the GPS and attach it to some random trucker that is driving cross country. It should be a good while before you see your ex again if ever.

I had a similar idea: Recruit an intimidating friend, someone the psycho doesn't know, to drive your car around for a few days. Have you friend claim he bought the car when approached by the psycho.

Always check your rear seats before entering your car. The psychos always pop out of the rear seats when you're not expecting it.

TheDrifter 23

Rule #31, always check the back seat.

ileenefudge 29

Don't forget the "find my iPhone" app. Those are also a stalker's dream come true.

Just leave your gps with some random stranger on the side of the road. Then she'll get off your trail for awhile. Till she realizes they're not you. But, considering her level of psycho, it may take awhile for her to realize.

jasmine2301 25

And why do you assume its a woman? At the top it clarifies the gender.

thrAsHeRr9081 16

But it doesn't specify the gender of the ex. All we can do is speculate.

Idk what security system you use but you should be able to change the password on the website or over the phone. Good luck

Don't ever let anyone else buy you a GPS or iPhone or anything else with tracking technology. Contact the company and find out how to lock him out permanently -- and keep a log of his stalking for when you need to get that restraining order.

Been there and my best advice is to take all possible safety measures. Can you get a conceal and carry permit in Canada? A handgun has a lot more protection than a price of paper (as in court order). If not, a tazer or stun gun?Upgrading locks/alarm systems, getting a big dog and taking self-defense classes would all be good ideas also. I don't want to scare you but stalking is a serious indication that this guy is a dangerous threat.

I think you could but only if your life is in extreme danger and even then those are hard to come by. only about 30-40 have been issued in the last 10 years. We don't have a constitutional right to bear arms like the states does.

as far as I know tasers are for the exclusive use of law enforcement but I could be wrong on that.

Laws very by city and state here too. There are other self defense weapons for people who can not get, or just do not want to get guns. There are different stun-gun types that are good options. I wouldn't recommend pepper spray though because if you use it in closed spaces, or if the wind is against you, you'll spray yourself.