By clarakipper - 25/09/2013 07:19 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I found out that the vacation my mom has been planning to "repair our relationship" was just an opportunity to change her Facebook profile picture. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 550
You deserved it 2 726

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that she probably wanted to show everyone where she went. That doesn't mean that she didn't attempt to spend time with you. You sound terribly ungrateful.

Medd_fml 13

It sounds like you're just exaggerating to find a reason to not get along with your mom. No one plans a vacation for two for the sake of a picture.

Comments

Unless it's with an asshole. They make anything harder to enjoy. Alas, noise-cancelling headphones and a little booze never hurt anyone.

Hey, at least you got a vacation out of the deal. My mother's idea of "repairing our relationship" was to put me on antidepressants For most of my teen years.

I'm sure it's more than that just look at it as a good vacation instead of being hung up on the drama good luck op

Hopefully the vacation is to somewhere warm and fun, at least. You don't want your mom to put up a profile pic of you both standing in front of the Big Nickel, do you?

perdix 29

Yeah, me, too! It's like when the hot girl wants to have steamy, monkey sex with you, just to spite her boyfriend she had a huge fight with. You just don't complain about that.

olpally 32

What a superficial bitch mother. That's okay, just make her spend a shit load of money then. Milk it.

I agree. Enjoy it.... as much as you can. Her intentions may not have been noble ones, but you can look back and say that YOU tried to mend your relationship.

I don't really see too much of an FML. You should be happy you had a vacation, and if she tried ruining it, just keep that in your pocket. Move on and be happy that you're not tied down to something that upsets you. Good luck OP