By Anonymous - 17/03/2013 03:08 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I found out that the lump in my wrist that keeps getting inflamed and sore is caused by sketching and using my laptop too much. Good thing I'm in my fourth year of studying to become a designer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 939
You deserved it 3 080

Same thing different taste

Top comments

challan 19

From sketching... Is that what they're calling it these days?

iLike2Teabag 27

Yea. We all know what "using the laptop" really means, too.

Comments

There are special mousepads with silicon that will prevent that from happening. Also you can get an amputation:)

my sore shoulder bothers me and it's just cuz writing too much

I've got the same thing in shoulder/neck from detailing cars, playing computer games, and signing (being deaf) woe is me but I gotta live life.

Success4444 12

#19 It is funny... You are deaf but your picture is of Pearl Jam. The irony!

oj101 33

Scumbag body: always working everywhere apart from the one function/part you most need. You could always allievate the stress by taking 5 minute breaks every hour, and cracking your knuckles. It releases gas bubbles in your hand which build up and cause stress (kinda like a hydraulic pump)

#22 - The 5 minute breaks is a great idea. However, cracking knuckles all the time will serve to gradually weaken OP's grip over time. It does this by putting strain on the tendons in the joints both when pushing or pulling on them, and when the large amount of energy is released during the crack. While it does loosen up the joints by releasing the built-up gas, it only works temporarily (as everybody probably already knew).

Wizardo 33

Enquire with you doctor if you can get surgery to remove the lump, I have o e on my right hand and it feels like extra tissue. Get it properly examined and hopefully get rid of it :)

Wizardo 33

FML just got so medical in the comments! Makes me all tingly and happym No idea why.

*happy :( wish FML for mobile let us edit comments. :/

tmmundy 17

27...it does let you edit your comments, if you catch them in time.

Same story bro, I'm only in the second year of designing school. Have it from working on the computer and making miniatures. F our lives.

Ganglion cysts :( I have one too! Just push it away, but surgery is a better option

I had the same issue. You can have the fluid sucked away and the inflammation will go. Might come back in a few years but at least that won't ruin your career. You can have it treated.