By AkiAnime - 22/01/2016 00:02 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I found out that the huge project I've been working on for the past week is actually a group project. Everyone in my group knew. They were just letting me do the entire thing by myself because I'm "smart". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 642
You deserved it 2 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

YDI for not knowing it was a group project. How do "not know"?

cosmic_peanut 17

you are not smart if you didn't know this ..

OP was probably away, and was told about the project by a classmate. At my school, you're expected to know about homework that you've missed from being absent via classmates. Their school could have the same policy.

And they're assholes. But seriously though, how could you not have known? Unless you were gone the day it was announced?

I would a hit by doing poorly for them to learn a lesson but still they should do something aside from putting their names on it... Perhaps assign specific parts to each of them next time this arises

kittykat1501 31

but then op would get a poor grade as well.

Don't hand in all the work you did. If you do, make sure the teacher knows you did it!

Tell your teacher and make sure you get recognised for the effort you've put in for this

Definitely tell the teacher OP! It'll be worth it and it's only fair. I once partnered with my friend for a project, but he basically surfed the web for new social media websites during the time we were supposed to be researching together. Weeks went by without any input from him no matter how much I urged him to participate. Finally, I just redid the entire project MY way the weekend before it was due, and informed the teacher of what had happened. The teacher thanked me for being honest and gave me all the credit. In the end, even my friend manned up and thanked me for standing up and being honest even though his grade suffered greatly.

Turn it in by hand to the teacher and out-smart those bastards. They gotta work for their grades.

MyrmidonQueenn01 9

Atleast you'll get a decent grade on it now