By bookbroke - 26/04/2016 04:27 - Canada - Regina

Today, I found out that someone found my lost library card, and instead of returning it, took out multiple items. If they don't return them, I'm on the hook to paying over $100 for them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 024
You deserved it 1 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Report it. Tell the library you lost your card and someone else has been using it without your permission. I'm sure if you explain it they won't charge you.

DeadxManxWalking 27

the librarian who checked them out should be able to identify that you're not the person who checked them out. show an ID as proof.

Comments

mzdaisylynn 12

Some libraries require a pin number associated with the card. My local library does that. Maybe make that suggestion to your library.

That's never going to happen. Not only does OP's library card entitle him to use over a hundred libraries spread over a massive area, but setting something like that up would most likely require funding from a government that has no interest in investing in the community.

colette94 14

That's horrendous...but totally ingenious!

Don't you have to type in a password to check out.

That is why you report a lost or stolen card as soon as you know it's lost or stolen. Otherwise it just looks like you're making excuses for not returning things yourself.

blackrose1996 11

Report it stolen and have then check there cameras to prove it was you

Good idea but most libraries in Saskatchewan don't have cameras. They'd cost most of their equipment budgets and would generally serve no purpose in those kinds of communities, most of the patrons are too well known to the librarians.

Dude that's devious, that goes to show you not to underestimate your library card lol

Well, where I live all library cards have pins so if someone just found one they couldn't check things out without the 4 digit pin

They should start asking you for your pin number for the library card or some other information that's not on the card.