By Queasy - 24/01/2010 00:15 - Canada

Today, I found out that sitting in the third row at a 3D movie makes me vomit. Today I also found out that the big burly dude in front of me does not appreciate being vomited on. Now I feel nauseous and have a black eye. Not to mention I missed the last part of the movie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 237
You deserved it 6 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually Dave, they used the word 'nauseous' correctly. You're the one who got them the wrong way round. Well done.

Comments

x805xUnknown 6

Well, maybe it was a bad ending anyway?! Idk..

lickmyjock 0

once again, couldn't u feel like u were getting sick? about to throw up?

I always think this..... I don't know what projectile vomiting is because I've never experienced it myself... if I feel sick I head outside or to a bathroom (whichever is closer), and even then it's not messy... I must be lucky. ...but even so you would think one would at least have enough control to not puke all over someone else. Another thought.... if you're prone to motion sickness, there is usually a non-3D, non-IMAX option available to watch or take some medicine.

YDI for not knowing the difference between "nauseous" and "nauseated." "Nauseated" = experiencing nausea. "Nauseous" = causing nausea. Although I guess both could apply here lol.

OP is right. If he/she wasnt then I'm sure FML staff would have corrected it by now.

Actually Dave, they used the word 'nauseous' correctly. You're the one who got them the wrong way round. Well done.

You're the most wrong here. What DynamicDave said used to be right but it's now correct to use nauseous when you mean "being sick" when you can guess by context what's the meaning here. Source : http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-nau1.htm (I'm french, btw ....)

jerkjerk 0

I think I will be a purist, and continue to use "nauseous" and "nauseated" with their original meanings, as according to the AP Stylebook. That article, however, is interesting, but cannot undo the love I have for classic English and its technicalities. Additionally, r00b is too dumb to live. Well done.

bloodhoundbambam 0

Well there's always the non-3D version…

well the alien blue people beat the empirial more advanced American army using determination smarts and the power of love and righteousness

people don't just get away with turning around and punching people in the face in a movie theater. YDI for making this up. If you didn't make it up that sucks but you probably should have reported that instead of thinking it would make a good fml. oh... and avatar ftw.

boatkicker 4

I got hit in a movie once, and the person got away with it..... except the person who hit me was 12. Apparently 12 year olds are allowed to hit you if you tell them to shut up so you can hear the movie. THey are also allowed to throw things at you, and kick your seat.

ctgirl12345 0

#1 why so you think that's made up. it is reasonable. but sooo whatvfor missing the end of the movie. that's not that big of a deal! hope you feel better!

Darrian 2

Assuming this is real, you're a ******* moron. It's not that goddamned hard to throw up on the floor. In fact you probably would have had to aim at him. YDI.

050294 0

No, YOU'RE the retard. Haven't you ever heard of projectile vomiting? You basicly SHOOT puke out.

Very true. One time I had a stomacheache, so my dad gave me some Maalox that just happened to be expired. I didn't even know I was going to puke. Thank God I was already in the bathroom, but jeez, you should have seen the puke splatter when it hit the closed toilet seat.

maybe the op did try to vomit on the floor but as his head went down some got on the dude in front.

Not saying you or the burly guy did this, but this is why I hate it when people will sit right near you when there are other more open seats around.