By Anonymous - 29/04/2012 03:00 - United States - Winchester

Today, I found out that of the three medications I am taking for depression, one causes weight gain, one causes severe weight gain, and one "might cause weight gain." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 293
You deserved it 3 401

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kodinbug 2

:( fail. Extreme fail and might cause fail. Not a good time

Hmm, you have the choice of being depressed, or the choice of being fat and happy. Which will you pick? BUM BUM BUMMM!

Comments

DrCatFarlane 0

Those are just side effects that have a possibility of happening, sweetie. Not everyone will experience them. Your body may react differently.

Hmm. You should ask about medical marijuana... :)

Michael_92 20

Then gain weight by eating all the time, great idea.

There is such thing as healthy snacks. :)

Michael_92 20

Oh it was a joke....hell its prolly safer than any antidepressant out there.

okay well you should keep taking medications because the doctor prescribed to you for a reason almost all anti depressants cause weight gain all you have to do is work out and eat better but if you get off your anti depressants you will feel worse than when you first got on them

They don;t cause weight gain in themselves, they increase your appetite. OP just remember if you eat healthy and get enough exercise you have nothing to worry about. Alot of people even lose weight because their energy comes back up when their mood does. Plus some people lose their appetite when depressed and lose weight and the medications just bring them back to normal, hence weight gain. I lost weight on them but I did stop eating as much and got more exercise, it's up to you :)

If that so happens to be the case, just work out. Exercise is also a great stress reliever, so in my opinion, it's a win/win ! c:

Michael_92 20

Well if I was you I would either A: workout and be active to counter it or B: ask the doc about different medications.

perdix 29

On the meds, you'll get so fat, it will be depressing and you'll have to keep taking the meds to treat your depression. Big Pharma has got it all worked out -- "treating" diseases is a much better business model than curing them.

luckyd880 12

Thank you! That's what I was saying in u earlier comment but people thumbed me down. Good luck with your comment! I thumbed it up. Lol

perdix 29

#30, I thumbed you up. Yours is similar to mine, except mine has a crazy conspiracy theory. Or so the Swiss would have you believe ;)

luckyd880 12

Guess I just gotta throw something crazy in to spice it up!

perdix 29

That strategy works in commenting and in the sack ;)

thiscrazything 1

Not to worry about the weight gain, either. Big pharma has a pill for that, too.

mtrrace 4

Try our new depression medication (warning may cause depression)

Michael_92 20

annnd...facial hair, back hair, weight gain, teeth falling out, temporary blindness, and increases your risk for heart disease, heart attack, missing longs and in very rare cases studies have shown a third arm. Call now for your free trial!

Michael_92 20

lungs* I could blame auto-correct, but it wasn't that