By redbluegreen - 09/08/2009 09:26 - United States

Today, I found out that not only has my father been cheating on my mother with another woman, but they have a child together with the same name as me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 107 242
You deserved it 4 043

redbluegreen tells us more.

That actually wasn't the reason. The mother was the one that decided on the name, not my dad. She did it so that he could leave my mom and me without 'losing' anything.

Top comments

instantfail 0

Why do people click You deserved it? She doesn't.

Comments

IndigoKitty 3

omg, seriously... thats evil. i'd disown your father for that.

omg i cant believe a parent would do that to his own kid! (not to even mention the cheating thing!)

The bastard did it to BOTH his kids - one of which is a bastard...

hey_nightmare 0

i'm so sorry. slit your father's throat is my only idea for a solution. he's evil.

you do know all the stupid YDIs are sarcastic?

sarcastic? who are they trying to hurt with their sarcasm? the op? or do you mean ironic?

lem0n_fml 0

I can't stand it when people argue over whether something is sarcastic or ironic. Sarcasm is a form of irony, loves. Sarcasm's just .. harsher. Let's consulte dictionary.com: sar⋅casm   /ˈsɑrkæzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sahr-kaz-uhm] –noun 1. harsh or bitter derision or irony. 2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Your dad is an irresponsible Jerk! The ONLY reason he named that other kid Your name was so he didn't accidently call you the wrong name! I hope your mom divorces him and takes everything he has or hopes to have, because He Deserves to live under a bridge with the Other trolls.

that's a good idea. and deff one of my fave commets. but really OP, your dad f*ckin' SUCKS!

That actually wasn't the reason. The mother was the one that decided on the name, not my dad. She did it so that he could leave my mom and me without 'losing' anything.

Make_Lemonade 13

That is seriously messed up.

I actually gagged while reading this. You can't do anything in existence to replace a family member, especially your child. Throwing out all of your candy and then labeling your bag of veggies "candy" doesn't change anything. That woman is vile, evil, and heartless.

What. The. ****. I wonder how you knew this, OP? I know this was years ago but Im so sorry!

That completely sucks. FYL. Agreed #20, The only reason he named that other kid Your name was so he didn't accidently call you the wrong name. I wouldn't even wait to take matters to court, I'd punch the hell of out my dad if he did that. What a horrible and terrible person.

OMG that really sucks! I personally would change my name... unless it was a cool name... then I'd keep it.

Whatevers_clever 0

Ouch, that sucks. Poor you, and your mom.