By unwed - 11/12/2010 06:56 - United States

Today, I found out that my fiancé is going to be deployed on our wedding day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 480
You deserved it 4 405

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bogwandis 0

The most she could do is see if her fiance could deploy at a later time. While not likely, the military isn't completely heartless when it comes to these things. Besides, there is no way either of them could've known during the wedding planning that he would be deployed that day. Don't you guys think they would've changed the date if they knew this earlier? If her fiance can't work something out, then she is out of luck. Depending on how close it is to the wedding, it's really difficult to find a day where everyone and everything would work out like you wanted. OP, I"m sorry that this is happening to you. I'm a military wife as well, and I couldn't imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking this is. Let the disrespectful comments begin :)

Comments

rldostie 19

As someone who is also planning a wedding, I'm so sorry. That really does suck. If you've put down deposits, it's not so easy to just "change the date." Hell, if I had to change MY wedding date like that, I'd lose $4,000.

Man I am so sorrry for you. Ok so just move the wedding. I know it is easier said than done, hopefully you can find a date that is good for everyone. good luck

ok so i agree with everyone about changing the date. but what if you had everything planned for that original day and it wont be able to work with the new day

as an active duty soldier and a wife of an active duty soldier it happens more than you think. We get our orders for deployment only a month or so before we leave.

sickenedwinter86 0

FML? Really? He is getting -deployed-. It sucks for you but your fiancé should be the OP here.

Yes really, F her L. OP not only will be alone during his deployment, but she will be worrying every day if he is going to come home alive, in one piece, or in a box covered by a flag. So yes, this is an FML in the truest sense, and you're an insensitive ass for not seeing that.

CaydenCookies 0
RedPillSucks 31

I'm guessing sickenedwinter86 thinks OPs fiance is using the "deployment" as a ruse to get out of the wedding. I guess it's possible, but I suspect she can find out. He would have orders and stuff.

Inconsiderate dick. Go **** yourself buddy.

By the way jackass, he CHOSE to leave and represent this country. THEY did not choose on what exact date he would be leaving so yes, F*ck HER & HIS life. Ignorant ****.

This happened to a friend of mine, she got married at the courthouse to make it official so she could get information about her husband while he was oversees that fiances and girlfriends aren't privy to, and they are planning the big ceremony part for right after he gets back. I hope something can be worked out for you. Most venues should have a refund policy for such things, even those who don't normally refund will refund for deployments. But still, I can only imagining how heartbreaking this is. I'm so sorry this happened, and also for all the bullshit things people are going to say on here because they are ignorant but still think they know everything. I'm a military wife so I know what it's like. The last time my husband deployed we didn't know the date until three days before he left, and it was over a month after he was supposed to go originally and they sent him to a different country then they did their conditioning training for. There is no way you can plan around a deployment, you can only pick a day and hope it works out. And seriously anyone who thinks you can just change the date of a wedding to a day earlier has obviously never planned one, it takes months/a year to reserve things and get shit together.

thank you so much because the last military wife is naive. Change the date. Haha his command would just laugh and say go to the court house. my husband and I had to do that... and we are both active duty army.

bogwandis 0

I'm not naive, thanks. I never said it was guaranteed that they would reschedule it. It's a very slim chance, but it can happen. You say that you are an active duty soldier/Army wife. Thank you for your service and your commitment :) I'm a Navy wife, and they pushed my husband's deployment back twice. Once for a medical emergency, and a second time because we were in the middle of moving ourselves to our next duty station. If we didn't have our infant son, I can safely say that they wouldn't have pushed it back at all. So, it does happen.

mintcar 9

Aw, I am so sorry. I don't know how far along you are with your wedding plans but I hope it's not too late to reschedule. :(

I am sorry! My husband is in the military and we got married ( actual planned wedding) this year. we signed our marriage license last year in case they tried to deploy him before the actual day of our wedding. I suggest you have a justice of the peace wedding until he comes back. it is very common in the military to do that. Also I hope things get better!

mcmurdy1980 0

get use to it. this is the life of the military. the deployment will put the most stress on your relationship. if you can get through it. you will be battle tested. welcome to the military.

I just want to say that anyone who said that someone deserves this is like the biggest douche in the world.