By Person in Alaska with a Ferret - 04/03/2011 20:42 - United States

Today, I found out that my ferret, which my parents had told me ran away a few years ago, was actually given to my cousin while I was at a friend's house. My parents didn't want to deal with him anymore and gave him away for free. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 947
You deserved it 4 699

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ROFLBERRYPIE 0
skyeyez9 24

Should be Person in Alaska With No Ferret.

Comments

skyeyez9 24

Should be Person in Alaska With No Ferret.

froob 0

that sucks. least he didn't run off and die

txgirl09 5

YDI for getting a pet and not taking responsibility for it. I've had a number of ferrets over the years and they require a lot of attention and money. If you don't do the research on an animal before buying it that says you're clearly not ready. PS. I'm proud of the responders so far for not being idiots and saying YDI for getting a ferret.

Ericca26 5

...you have had a number of ferrets and you say they require time and money? what kind of ferrets did you have? i have had a ferret, she was happy walking around the house or watching us through her cage all day. wether she was out or not, she was happy. so time? i think not. money? no. food and water, maybe a couple toys and they are a happy camper. the cage we had for her was like a mansion,lol! the only time in wich we had to spend money on her was when we gor her medicine for her tumors and such, and that was right before she died. how about you do your homework, then come back and give this a try, kay?

txgirl09 5

You need to relax. All animals require money and as you yourself said they have medical expenses. Decent ferret food is expensive. Ferrets like all pets require attention. So exactly what the are you going on about acting like i'm so wrong it can't possibly be fathomable?

perdix 29

That was probably a lie, too. Does your mom's fur headband look a little familiar?

xoxchelaxox08 17

I didn't recognise the headband, but those furry handcuffs just HAD to come from somewhere!

story of my life. except it happened 3 times. with rabbits. they kept telling me they were running away one by one while the neighbors kept getting new pets one by one...

"Deal with him" implies that they had to take care of him so, ydi for taking no responsibility for your pet...

You misread it. They didn't "want to deal with him anymore", because ferrets are notorious Blackjack cheats.

sallen0046 4

If it was your ferret, they shouldn't have had to "deal with it" in the first place. YDI for not taking care of your own pet. Your parents had every right to get rid of an animal you weren't taking proper care of.

Norther 1

YDI for putting the ferret on your parents responsebility!

amarie366 0

ferrets are gay. and they smell like butt. i don't blame your parents! (:

well, actually, many ferrets are heterosexual, which ensures the continuation of the species. doubtless there have been some same-sex ferret couples but i would assume not all of them share that sexuality.

xoxchelaxox08 17

They only smell if they're not properly care for.

You're freaking stupid, girl. Wet dogs are much stinky and have to be let out. Please don't tell us what you're thinking about ferrets, 'cause we really don't care.

amarie366 0

dont call me stupid you dont know me, all ferrets i have ever seen smell bad. and anyone is alowd to say their opinion its FML.

hryffff 11

Your gay and smell like butt......I spoke my opinion :)