By Anonymous - 04/05/2016 14:15 - United Kingdom - Saint Austell

Today, I found out that my daughter not only has a boyfriend, but that they're trying for a baby. She's barely 15. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 761
You deserved it 2 861

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

teach her how it is having a baby, wake her up every two hours at night.

IridianShadow 20

Even better, show her videos of women giving birth. Should make her realize she isn't ready.

Comments

Kick her out and see how excited she will be then to have a baby.

I think you missed the fact that she's barely 15

Mortoli 30

i think you miss the point she needs to be old enough to take care of herself on her own to fully understand what it takes to have a child. im sorry and i know it sounds wrong but take it like a lion teaching its cub if something happens to the teens parents that baby is gonna lose its teens. just saying.

I lived in a small fishing town where it was normal for girls aged 12-15 to have children and they all regretted having a child at such a young age. I feel for you OP, I really do.

What fishing town? I'm genuinely interested to learn that there are girls who willingly had children at such a young age. I promise I'm not being sarcastic with my question.

My town has many girls having babies at young ages, but not on purpose. I don't really go around asking, but I assume it's lack of access to birth control, lack of understanding of birth control methods and/or the necessity, and just slip ups in the birth control.

Unlucky1232 20

it rare but pregnancy that age can kill her. Seriously. I'm not talking about the delivery her i mean the actual pregnancy

.......I'm pretty sure with today's technology it can't kill a 15 year old. You're body's ready to carry a child when you start having periods.

Incorrect 60 i do agree that at 15 it more than likely wont, but girls that get pregnant at age 8-12 do die quite often.

A period does mean your reproductive organs are now able to create a child, but it does not mean your body will be able to without serious complications and/or death. And sadly, there's still adult women who die. The deaths have gone down a lot, but I'm not sure if we can ever completely stop deaths from anything.

It's not common, but it can happen. with modern standards of nutrition, girls reach puberty younger than they did when reproduction soon after puberty was the accepted thing, and so are generally smaller and weaker. In the days that people married in their early teens, the girl / woman was often still prepubescent, and the couple wouldn't start a family until she was 17 or 18.

She should get her priorities straight ಠ_ಠ

I have to ask: from the fact you found out she had a boyfriend, do you have some sort of rule that she can't date? It's around this age people tend to date, and if there's a restriction you're setting yourself up for them sneaking around to date and not feeling comfortable enough to talk to you. Which is dangerous for them. That's just a guess, though, ignore if that's not the case. As for the child trying..Id say go all out and combine the advice given. Try to explain what being pregnant is like, all the cravings, hormones, cramps, accidents. All of it. Show her childbirth videos, also explain it could be even worse when your body is still developing. Find a way to stimulate caring for a baby, either yourself or with an actual child or doll. Supervise if it's an actual child. Id go with the doll if possible because then you can have it overnight as well to show that. Go over the cost of a child, how she'd have to get a job and work her ass off trying to get the money to care for it. Through caring for the baby and being kept up and such. Explain once that child is there, she has to put them over her. All that she likes to do going out with friends, getting things for herself, all of that will have to stop becayse that money will need to go to the baby and she has to care for it and won't have much time. If she thinks children are all cute and fun, hopefully that'll make her realize what it's really like.

brocho 26

Yeah, maybe in the middle ages! Sure, she is probably capable of reproducing, but that doesn't mean she should! 15 is still very much a child and she doesn't have an education yet, probably doesn't have a license or a car, and probably doesn't have a job either. If you're planning a baby, you need to be both financially stable and ready to dedicate the majority of your life to the kid. Not to mention the responsibility involved.

As much as this sucks, it really grinds my gears seeing all these people commenting "kids these days," as if this hasn't been happening for centuries.

zeffra13 31

I'd inform her teachers in addition to all the baby simulations. She needs to learn how bad of an idea this is from every source possible.