By gdog10122 - 12/01/2013 09:52 - United States

Today, I found out that my dad, thinking it was an advertisement, threw away a letter from the college I applied to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 199
You deserved it 2 663

Same thing different taste

Top comments

APersonalProblem 13

Can't you just call then and ask them to resend the letter? That's what I did :)

Comments

No college for you. Lucky. :D good luck on tat though.

#12 You need to continue your education. Tat? Sorry to OP. That was rather lame of your father to do. You should take everyone's advice and call to get another letter sent to you.

nycwrestler 17

21- "tat" was probably just a typo, no need to be mean to #12.

I was also playing off the comment about being Lucky to Not go to college... It saddens me that the younger generation does not care to attend college.

Not everyone is cut out for college.. Hell one of my teachers told me some of her old kids never went and are making like 70k+..

29 - there's so many kids in college that shouldn't be there in the first place. Enter the workforce, start living your life. That's one of the many reasons America is in so much debt due to school loans.

29 - The "younger generation"? You're only 21! That's a bit hypocritical dont you think?

Eh All thumbs up.. I don't care honestly. Just thought it was funny that she said no college and misspelt a word...

But to argue #49.. I'm Not within my generation. On my own since 13, been working since and graduated early. And I've also been working rather than starting college off the bat but been hearing A Lot of young people talking about not working or going to college... Living off the state by getting pregnant. Sad we pay people to be lazy and take advantage of help given to the needy

To be fair #79, maybe you should consider attending college as most of your sentences weren't even complete thoughts. So perhaps before we throw stones we should look at ourselves first.

OP: I got accepted to the most prestigious college in the state! What dad heard: I got accepted to the most expensive college in the state!

wagne057 6

Without that letter you're screwed!! On a less sarcastic note, just call the school's Admissions office. They'll answer all your questions and put your fears to rest.

The wording of this DML is a bit funny. OP, did you only apply to one college? Best of luck with admissions.

onorexveritas 23

Don't. Mess. With. Shit. That. Isn't. Yours!

vencku 13

I get adverts occassionally, and can tell by the sender when it's just another offer to renew a subscription for a special price. I throw away the envelopes without even looking at them - waste of time and paper, those things. My mother got pissed when she saw me doing that one day and told me that "[SHE] might like to see those adverts". So apparently she's allowed to open my envelopes and browse my adverts now. But don't worry, she assured me I can see her adverts too. Yay?

31 That's when you burn them and tell her that if she opens mail that isn't addressed to her and she doesn't have your permission, it is a federal crime..

doglover100 28

YES!! I'm pissed how my family does this!

Surely you'd apply to more than just one college? What if they'd say no?

Looks like some cheap and fancy college, to send a reply letter looking like an advertisement. Your dad must be a very busy man to even read where it's from.

LMFAOwned 9

I think OP needs a congratulations! Well, if it was an acceptance, anyway

Postpone college for a year.. Take job.. From fist paycheck buy a big-ass set of drums.. Tell them since college is a no-go you want to be in a deathmetal rockband.. Start to practice at home at odd hours.. That will teach him to look twice next time.. Revenge is soooooo sweet..

Why is it so hard for people to just give you what's yours? Even if it was advertising, i think its your choice to throw your own mail away. I'm annoyed for you, OP