By Anonymous - 30/01/2012 17:28 - United States

Today, I found out that in conclusion to working five nights in a row, I'm scheduled to work the night shift on Valentine's day with my ex-boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 131
You deserved it 3 858

gingerleigh tells us more.

it's not a full time job. It's my 2nd job. I'm also in school. I'm not working all 5 nights with him, just 2 including the last, but it's still going to be extreme an extreme over load of work.

Top comments

Maybe Cupid will come along and things will work out great. Or you end up having sex for memories' sake. Or it's just going to be awkward. Who knows?! Only one way to find out. Or, since it's only Valentine's Day in two weeks, you could ask a co-worker to switch shifts? I'd pick a single one if I were you ;)

Comments

sallen0046 4

This isn't a life-******* situation, it's simply the way jobs work. You've already been working the night shift, it's not like it's a switch. When you're employed at the same company as your ex, you're eventually going to have to work with them. The solution is not to get a job with people you date, and not to date people you work with. There's plenty of time before Valentine's Day. If you have something else to do, why don't you spend your time trying to get someone to switch shifts with you instead of sitting around complaining about it?

Yeah, that doesn't feel right at all. Where are the grammar NAZIs to offer a more appropriate word choice? In addition would be satisfactory.

Mourningstar 4

5 whole shifts in a row?!? Damn, let me guess.....you're 20 or so, right. Get used to it, at least you have a job!

OP here, I'm 17 & the 5 nights are in addition to school & my other job.

kcnutt10 1

36: Since you're the OP, let me say this to you - quit ******* crying! "Boo-hoo! Woe is me!" This isn't an FML. It's a part of life. Time to grow up and be mature. You were going to run into your ex eventually if y'all work at the same place. Plus, what's so different about Valentine's Day? It's just another day! Read the second part of 12's comment.

I hate to break it to you, but the entire point of this website is to share stories of shitty happenings which ruined the OP's day. Your anus doesn't need to have spontaneously combusted for your day to be ruined. This is all clearly laid out in the site FAQ.

kcnutt10 1

Hahahaha! Thank you Sirin! Seriously, no sarcasm at all, thank you for that comment!

that's a bad idea. trust me. try anything to prevent sumthing from happening cuz youll regret it lik I did :( it was fun tho but still bad

It seems right enough. The end of the series of night shifts is the worst. It concludes the string of 5 shifts.

Either way there'll be a lot of moaning...

ohmek 0

YOU! I see what you did there!!

oooooooooooooooooo damn ur life Fu**ing sucks. it depends If it's a bad relation ship with ur ex or a good one.