By JaneChemi - 15/01/2014 21:47 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out that I'm pregnant. My boyfriend thinks I'm faking the whole thing in revenge for the fight we had yesterday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 735
You deserved it 8 194

JaneChemi_fml tells us more.

hi guys. when I found out I ran out of the bathroom holding a pregnancy test screaming "holy ******* shit babe I'm pregnant". I'm not sure I can really do much else to convince him. wait.... how did I deserve this??

Top comments

Don't worry, you still have nine months to convince him

Comments

Wait 9 months for the "I-told-you-so!" moment!

Well when your belly starts to get bigger, he'll know you weren't joking.

Was the fight about flushing condoms down the toilet?

Meld86 12

Congratulations. He'll cool down and be happy about the pregnancy

Not necessarily. Hopefully they have an actual conversation and make the right decision for both of them.

I mean, that's not that hard to prove...

In case of pregnancy clearance, it's advisable not to opt for it after 4-6 weeks. As that 'might' put the mother in a very pathetic situation the next time she wants to be a mother. Kindly be fast in confirming him by showing your positive result and do the needful at the earliest.

I seriously had no idea that Engrish.com had merged with FML.

Wow, I have to say, judging by FMLs of the past I was expecting people to say dump the boyfriend, not the baby....

hi guys. when I found out I ran out of the bathroom holding a pregnancy test screaming "holy ******* shit babe I'm pregnant". I'm not sure I can really do much else to convince him. wait.... how did I deserve this??

Congrats on the baby. I wish you and your boyfriend good luck.

Insist him the cons of having a baby at this age, time and again. As of now, he may be taking it casually but soon he will definitely estimate his fate by being a dad at this point of time. I hope he understands before it becomes too late.

yeah congrats and you so do not deserve it

Maybe some people click YDI because you said "boyfriend" instead of "husband" and they think pregnancy out of wedlock is a sin or something? I don't know, that's the only thing I can come up with haha. Anyway, good luck with your pregnancy, hope it goes smoothly and that you have a healthy baby. Also hope your boyfriend does the right thing by you.

Brianna_Ray 23

I wish you the best of luck with your future!

YDI because you didn't wait until you were married. Simple as that.

#64 That's YOUR belief. They don't deserve it for living differently than you. The only time someone truly deserves getting pregnant is if they're careless and used no protection.

46, how do you know they had unprotected sex? Birth control does not work 100% of the time.

25 just shut up. If you read OP's previous comment to another person's comment you would see they both want children. Stop telling her to abort her baby when she sounds like she wants to keep her child.

.... or perhaps they deliberately didn't use any birth control because they actually WANTED to get pregnant and have children? having a child isn't that bad, you know! i would know, I've been pregnant twice and now have two BEAUTIFUL children. A girl and a boy. It had nothing to do with being 'careless' or whatever. Why? because I wanted to be a mother. I didn't use birth control of any kind with the sole intention of getting pregnant and having a child. Both my partner and i sat down and discussed our stability, both emotional and financial and then made plans from there. Not only that but been married for four years now, in a stable relationship for eight so its not like it was an accident or i wanted a baby on a whim. situations like mine DO exist lol OP, congratulations on your baby news. :D Im truly happy for you... sure, crapy way of finding out and to be honest he is probably still in shock. my partner and I had been trying since our wedding night (lol!) to have a baby of our own and we discovered that we were going to be parents just after our first anniversary. Still, even after wanting baby of our own, it was still a shock to see the positive test! but you will do fine, and your partner will come to terms with the fact that you are going to become parents in time.x Just give him time to take it all in... having children is a HUGE responsibility, and all of a sudden he now has. not to mention, the way you have described his reaction, he is probably still abit sore about the argument you both had lol

So, uhm, OP deserved having her boyfriend claim she is faking the pregnancy for revenge because she had sex? I'm really not following the logic here.

To 90: I just read your previous comment and you didn't say "YDI for having sex," you said "YDI for having UNPROTECTED sex." That is why you're getting all the hate. BUT you've further explained that the comment wasn't meant to reflect your opinion/judgement, so hopefully the FML community will forgive your slight mess-up ;)

#101, she posted this because her boyfriend doesn't believe she's pregnant. Not because she got pregnant. So voting YDI, still doesn't make sense.

Obviously you do. You're the one getting defensive.

In reply to the earlier reply, I don't know about this sin stuff but I dislike the thought of having babies before marriage because if you can't even make a commitment to be with that person forever then why would you think you're ready to raise a child together...? Not saying she deserves her boyfriend being silly though. I also wish you a safe pregnancy and happy relationship.

kakakarotcake 17

Your jimmies appear to be rustled

Congratulations, OP and best of luck to you as you enter this new chapter in life! Also, #25, you should probably stop telling people to have abortions without any indication that it might be what they're thinking of doing.

"Holy ******* shit, I'm pregnant"? The likelihood of becoming pregnant after having sex is pretty high. Doesn't come as much of a surprise...

bettyboop428 24

#117-Just because two people aren't married doesn't mean they aren't committed to one another. Not everyone believes in the institution of marriage or what it stands for anymore.

#117 It's amazing you still hear people arguing that marriage proves commitment when 40% of marriages end in divorce. Not everyone believes that commitment means 'piece of paper and fancy expensive ceremony'. Some people think commitment actually means 'staying together for life', which can be done without that pish posh entirely. One of my favourite comedians has been in a relationship with his girlfriend for 14 years, they have two kids and have no intention of ever breaking up (or getting married) despite how much he jokes about how annoying she is. Marriage is just a legal document, a contract. Commitment and love comes from the heart and soul. That's why you see married couples divorcing while others stay in defacto relationships, never get married, grow old and die together. Commitment =/= marriage.

BradTheBrony 19

49: And not to mention that people can WANT to have a child.

Hahaha. Maybe FML is just filled with a bunch of Mormons and Amish folk.

update: 1)obviously I had unprotected sex. we had been talking about kids so the pregnancy wasn't unplanned we just were not expecting it to happen so soon. 2)no we are NOT married but that doesn't mean we aren't committed to each other. 3) I am pro choice but that doesn't mean I want an abortion. having said that please stop with the 'don't punish that sweet baby' and 'abortion is a sin' or my favorite 'god has plans for that baby'. 4) referring to the above^ stop messaging me that jesus gave me the baby for a reason because I'm not Christian! I'm a Wiccan. thank you

Dude you're an idiot. Why try to push abortion on this person? If you actually read the previous comments, you would see she wants to keep the baby. You would also see that they BOTH were ok with having a baby at this time. You can not assume that he isn't going to be a good dad because of this fml comment. When people argue they say stupid shit.

#29: thumbs up x100 I do this all the time by accident.

dumb bitch. get married before you get pregnant.

Yeah I'm left handed. You have no idea how it is to hit YDI. Ugh really irritating. Congrats by the way.

#25 - what in the **** are you trying to say?

Best of luck. Sorry to see all the dipshits posting crap don't let that get you down. best of luck.

You didn't deserve this, people are just trolls on the Internet.

You didn't deserve this. Some people are just assholes. Congratulations on the baby, by the way! :D

ok so obviously this fml got mixed feedback. I keep coming back to read the new comments even though some of them are just cruel. 1) he did come home later that day with Godiva and sparkling grape juice. he admitted he was acting like a dick and said he was happy and excited for this. 2) for those who are saying I will end up a single mom, on food stamps, or even worse; **** you. we wouldn't bring a child into this world if we weren't set financially. we're committed to each other and will get married on our own schedule 3) sorry for being rude but some of you are being unnecessarily judgmental and cruel

Amelia_Jones, I understand what you're trying to say. I know that for a lot of people marriage is (or at least is supposed to be) a vow of commitment that hopefully lasts forever, and I really want to and plan on getting married myself one day. When I say commitment =/= marriage, I don't mean to say that the two don't go together - really, they're supposed to. I'm just saying that in a realistic sense, marriage doesn't 'prove' anything more than you should already know. If you and your s.o. were the last two people on earth with nobody to marry you, or if you lived in a country that banned marriages (just for the sake of argument) does that make your relationship have any less meaning or commitment? I doubt it. All I'm saying is that an unmarried couple is not necessarily an uncommitted couple just like a married couple is not necessarily a committed couple. In my personal opinion, assuming defacto couples are uncommitted is like saying that if you don't have sex with someone you must not really love them enough (or conversely, if you have lots of sex with someone you must love them a lot). Like sex, marriage can mean a whole range of things like love or passion or trust or commitment to whoever's concerned but in terms of what marriage actually IS, in simple legal terms, it's just a contract between two people that in this day and age is so easily broken that from a face value is really worthless. *peace*

#90 not EVERYONE who has sex is at a risk of pregnancy, people who are gay aren't at a risk for obvious reasons

I think #46 is just providing a possible answer to OP's question, "what did I do to deserve this?". This is not necessarily #46's opinion, they are just guessing what other people could have thought.

charmanderCHAR 5

@90 Too bad your parents had sex; they had you in the process. Our loss, really.

Take a test and show him or he'll just find out the hard way...

I'm going to guess this is an unplanned pregnancy. In which case, the shock has probably put him into denial (it is a big thing afterall). He will come round eventually.

Brianna_Ray 23

When you have morning sickness puke on him and ask if it's real now.

kakakarotcake 17

because that's a perfectly normal response for a grown adult. *sarcasm*

BradTheBrony 19

Because the comment above you was clearly serious. *SARKAZZUM*

Brianna_Ray 23