By Anonymous - 18/08/2009 00:14 - United States

Today, I found out that I'm immune to laughing gas and partially immune to novocaine while I was getting two teeth pulled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 828
You deserved it 2 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mini_cupcake 0

oh my god. i figured that out when i had two teeth pulled when i was six. glad someone else relates!

See, I have a GOOD dentist and he doesn't start any procedure before the Novocaine kicks in.

Comments

purplecargirl 5
dragoon9401 0

dude that sucks. I got my wisdom teeth surgically removed and was knocked out like a light.

mini_cupcake 0

oh my god. i figured that out when i had two teeth pulled when i was six. glad someone else relates!

unforshadowed 0

are you a redhead? there's a recent study out that they feel more pain

I was just about to mention that! The recent study says that redheads are more likely to be immune to novocaine and whatnot.

Happened to me too, and I was getting 5 teeth pulled when I was little :/

Oh shit  I hope immunity to Novocain and laughing gas isn't common, cuz I have to get my wisdom teeth removed in a couple weeks. All four D:

Usually when they take out wisdom teeth they put you under. Like anesthesia with an IV, because surgery can get complicated and lengthy- like they have to cut through your gum to get at the teeth and give you stitches and whatnot. So you feel nothing... until you wake up.

They do knock you out, unless you're on certain medications. I had 4 wisdom teeth plus a fifth hiding above another, and I was conscious through it. I had a lot of novocaine and the laughing gas, but I still felt one of them being extracted and it was one of the worst pains I'd ever felt.

Same, I go in a week and I can't be knocked out because insurance. So I will only have novocain and laughing gas. I'm so scared now.