This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 14/01/2017 22:12

Today, I found out that healthcare.gov lied to me when buying insurance and I'm facing at least $100,000 in medical bills this year in surgeries that I need to live pain free. I lost my job a month ago, my unemployment hasn't come through yet, my tire went flat and I'm getting evicted Monday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 418
You deserved it 26

Top comments

Did you work with an agent to pick out a plan, or did you choose one based off the monthly price? If you worked with an agent and they lied to you, you can file a formal complaint and the marketplace will help you pick a new one.

At least you have your health. (sarcasm)

Comments

At least you have your health. (sarcasm)

And people still think that program was a good thing.

As someone who racks up close to $20k a year in medical bills because of bad genetics, essentially disabled, and would otherwise be paying close to $400 a month for commercial insurance, PLUS my out of pocket costs...yeah, I ******* do think it was a good idea, and even if it wasn't, I'm grateful for it.

Did you work with an agent to pick out a plan, or did you choose one based off the monthly price? If you worked with an agent and they lied to you, you can file a formal complaint and the marketplace will help you pick a new one.