By NowBroke - 04/04/2016 09:38 - United Kingdom - Malmesbury

Today, I found out my mother drives my car. I was okay with it; I don't use it all the time and she's my mother. However, I was not okay with the multiple speeding tickets that came through in the post. "You're the registered keeper, so why should I pay?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 585
You deserved it 1 840

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shadowvoid 33

I would speedily take the keys away from her and never allow her to drive again. You could lose your license from losing points.

Looks like it's time to start hiding your keys.

Comments

Reihna_fml 14

I'm guessing now you do mind if she drives your car...

In Arizona you just have to prove that you weren't the driver. But you don't necessarily have to tell them who was, in which case it just goes away. Maybe neither of you will have to pay it.

They obviously aren't from Arizona, or even the USA

Well not everyone goes and views people's profiles. Can't a person freely make a suggestion now a days without their intelligence being questioned?

Ashd09 30

No need to get snappy #40. Since the stupid update to the app you can't see the location.

I realize that they are not from the US. I don't know the laws there but I thought it was at least something for them to look into.

I'm sorry if It looked like I was directing my comment at you. #30 was making it seem like the most obvious thing in the world and that annoyed me a bit.

ulissey_fml 22

The way it works over here, she must be on the photos, so that eventually you might be able to prove it was a different person. Just tell her you'll give her name and driver's license ID if she is not reasonable and honest. ( But first make sure you copy it from her purse first ) . Be firm, she can't walk all over you because she is your parent.

Get the keys to her car and race a cop. "You're the registered owner, so why should I pay?" In all seriousness, there's no way you need to pay if you prove it wasn't you. If that doesn't work, report the car as stolen next time she takes the car

DeadxManxWalking 27

keep your keys and spares hidden away from her. tell her if she wants to drive then she has to pay.

aesthetic_007 9

Sounds like something my mom would do

It's time! To seek a good hiding spot for your car keys. Good luck.

I'd rather pay my mom's fine then her life.

Sure murder your mother rather than talking it out with her makes sense

Breaking your own car AND killing your mother, are you out of your mind!?

elizacandle 29

don't speeding tickets get put on her license? as opposed to parking tickets that get put on the car?

Your mother sounds like a willfully ignorant self-centered bitch.