By FuckedOver - 14/01/2016 14:31 - United States - Houston

Today, I found out my mom took around $2,500 from my savings account to pay off my sister's college tuition. She recently flunked out of her studies and won't be returning to college anyway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 822
You deserved it 1 601

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mermaidkeels 26

Moral of the story: your mom shouldn't have access to your savings account.

Millionman24 16

that is what is called a dick move

Comments

Why does your mother have access to your savings account? How old are you?

littlefiddle 1

I'm guessing from the fact that your mom could access your account that she's been the one putting money into it often enough, in which case maybe be more grateful that she's helped when she can and be glad to be able to contribute now. Hopefully she'll help again when she can. Granted, if that was all money you'd earned yourself, then you should pursue legal measures to ensure she pays you back right away.

YourOpinionSucks 22

Okay if we're getting into the legality of her actions, even if she was the one putting the money into his savings account (his, meaning in his name). it's still illegal to take it back. you ever see that shit hold up in court? No, no you ******* don't. think

when I got my first savings account I was really young, so they had someone over 18 sign on with me and that was my mom, so she had full access to my account. It doesn't mean that their mom is putting money into it.

corky1992 33

My parents were on my account but never put money in it for me. I had to have them on it when I got a job at the age of 16 due to being too young to do it myself. Don't just assume that OP didn't work hard for that money and that it's okay for the mother to take it

If we're getting into the legality of the actions, it's very likely that what OP's mom did was legal. Whether or not it was a douche move vs Douche Move! depends on the timing of the withdrawal compared to the reciept failure notice. Either way, lesson learned. Clear it out and open a new one in your name only.

zeffra13 31

My question is, did your mom take the money out recently and claimed it was for your sister's school so you know she's lying, or did she take it a while ago and you just found out after your sister flunked? Either way, fyl.

You need to tell your bank to deny her access and make her pay you back

If I'm right about this not sure though. But tell the bank not to give money to your mom from your savings account or any account in your name. And if you can prove it you can sue her to get the money back.

Unless your mother's still listed as a cosigner on your account, if you're at least 21, you can probably sue.

Sorry but your mother or anyone except for maybe a husband/ wife shouldn't have access to your bank account(s)

Something like this deserves payback. Something evil. What she did is ****** up, so, like, stuff shit into the door handle of her car and stuff like that. You. Must Make. Her. Pay.