By badadvise - 23/03/2012 04:05 - Mexico - Guadalajara

Today, I found out my marriage counselor is currently going through her second divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 292
You deserved it 2 583

Same thing different taste

Comments

I wonder who her consoler is? Dr. Phil would be my first Choice

Just bc he's famous doesn't mean he's the best. There are other good profesionals out there

Did I ever say he was the best? I just said he'd be MY choice!

She is just trying out all the bad aspects of marriage so she can better relate to her cliental. Her first husband was a chronic cheater. The one she is divorcing now unapologetic alcoholic. The next two emotionally unavailable control freak and then on to the tight wad.

Who knows more about failed marriages than someone who has gone through it? Someone who has gone through it twice! You found yourself an expert.

Just because she's a marriage counselor doesn't mean that she has to have perfect marriages. Although that is a bit ironic.

FMLsOhilarious 6

Is the idea is to learn from her mistakes? If not then you might have a problem.

those who can do those who can't teach?

And those who can't teach, teach gym.

Some people don't seem to understand that, though anything she may be teaching OP and their spouse may be useful, it might not work with her previous husbands, what if they don't want to try and make the couple work? what if one of the mariages was more of a convenience marraige? There's plenty of reasons that could have nothing to do with her counselling. Every person, every couple is different, just because her personnal life isnt going as well as people would like doesnt mean she isnt giving you valid advice, if its helping your couple then there is no FML that i can see, FHL, sure, but not for you.. Psychiatrists can be depressed but still help you with your depression, i really don't see the problem here...

Vash_41288 10

I would like to add if it would make any difference if the counselor was single/ never married would it be bad as well because your argument would might be " well he/she has no real experience with marriage" counseling can give you tools too succeed , however if you use then correctly it's up to you, more so with relationships there is another person involved as well so not everything will be perfect. Something's just don't work out you have to learn to except those times, recognize them and learn to move on.

Hey you know what they say, "Those who can't do, teach".

Yes, we do know. Especially because #5 and #21 already said the same thing.

Hey Doc don't ruin my fun:p I've got to make the same joke 3 times now! And those who can't teach, teach gym!

Excuse me for not reading through every single comment...

If people would read through the comments before making one of their own then we wouldn't have 1500 people cluttering up the boards with identical comments. Just saying...

Maybe she just knows better for when to call it quits. Seriously, it's not a big deal. Her being in multiple marriages doesn't make her professional advice bad.