By notaman - 11/02/2016 18:12 - United States - Marion

Today, I found out my insurance company denied my claim because they had me marked down as "male" and yet also pregnant. I now have to prove to them that I'm actually a woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 483
You deserved it 1 375

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Walk into their building naked. Should clear things up nicely

God then where does the stupidity end. Eventually they're going to ask someone for proof of not being a squirrel.

Comments

FalloutScrolls 25

And insurance companies wonder why people hate them... Can't imagine why.

Welcome to being transgender. Shit like this is basically every other day at least. (I am not implying that you necessarily are, just that this is regular shit for some folks)

How is this like "Every other day" for a Transgender person? A Transgender Woman cannot become pregnant.

Then, the "Transition" has not yet been completed. If the "Female" is trying to become a "Male" then "He" would have "His" female parts removed to complete the Transition. Either you are completely Transgender or you're a Cross dresser with your natural born sex parts attached. There's no in between.

Except that pre-transition trans men are still men, and there have in fact been instances of even men mid-transition becoming pregnant. Getting access to HRT and gender affirmation surgeries can take years, during which it is quite possible for a trans man who date other men to accidentally become pregnant. Some of those who do will choose to carry to term before resuming their transition. Calling trans men who still have vaginas 'women' is rude, disgusting, and to be frank, a denial of their right to be correctly identified. Your opinion on the matter is not only out of date but medically incorrect.

So basically what you're saying is that a Transgender "Man" will have sex with another real Man( with the Trans "Man" having a ****** and which will make the Trans "Man" gay. ) and get accidentally pregnant, ok then. This in no way makes sense. I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, I'm just saying to me it doesn't make any sense.

No offence, but I'm worried for your baby's future and education.

#56 It's not that hard to understand. Sex and gender are two different things. I'm a transguy, but I'm not getting bottom surgery. Why? Because the surgery is too risky to me. Not going for all the surgeries doesn't make anyone less of a transgender. Being trans isn't only about getting surgery, to me it's more important to be going through life as a guy and people recognizing me as such. I don't need a dick for that. So that means if I were to get a male partner, I'm as gay or bi as any other man would be. Having said that, I wouldn't ever be wanting to get pregnant. Also, no need to use quotes to call a transguy a man, it makes you look like an asshole. Just saying.

I'm sure a birth certificate will suffice , must've been a typo . I wouldn't take it personally. Congrats on your baby!

OP turns out to be a binary fission reproducing protist OP is a Paramecium

Eating to much GMO corn out there in Iowa it seems. Good luck with your dispute.

Ashd09 30

As an agriculture enthusiast I feel like I must inform you that GMO produce is healthier than folks may believe. They usually GM certain produce to be resistant to diseases and insects, therefore less pesticides are needed to keep up a healthy crop. Anyways I know that has nothing to do with the FML and you were (hopefully) joking but just throwing that out there for any that are interested

I found out they input my birthday wrong and I had to send 3 separate forms showing my actual age. and get them verified to be real documents....and it wasn't even my fault...

I would side with you , but I would need to see proof first . Is this insurance company located in Missouri ? You know the show me state

I can relate, I've been fighting insurance to recognize that my twins are two separate people, not one who is being billed twice for the NICU! -_-

Wow... I'd say: walk into their building when the twins are tired and cranky. They'll process the claim extra fast to get the two wailing babies out of their offices. And the twins can sleep in the car on the way home.

countryb_cth 38

That sucks so much, especially since it sounds like a huge unnecessary hassle. Also not to sound like a creepy stalker but I saw your profile and your twins are adorable.

This happens way too often. My dr sent me for PRE-NATAL diabetes test. And he had me marked down as Not Pregnant. some people just aren't thinking.