By GuessImWalking - 13/05/2017 16:00

Today, I found out I will be without a car for two weeks because my mother volunteered to let my grandparents use mine while theirs is being repaired. They've been in 4 accidents over the last year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 952
You deserved it 413

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WinPoe 3

Do you own the car? Then I would say no. "Sorry Mom made a promise I cannot keep. I hope you are able to rent a car, but I need my car."

So, two weeks without your car is the best-case scenario. My grandpa told me, "There are two things you never lend out: your car and your wife -- neither of them will come back the same!"

Comments

Dodge4x4Ram 46

is the car really yours or do you just call it yours?

cheshireau 26

I live in Australia and they just renewed the license of my Pop who has just been diagnosed with Dementia. I'm definitely not speaking on behalf of your Grandparents, but maybe they need to look into other means of Transport.

Yeah... if you own the car and pay for everything for it, your parents don't get a say.

Sorry you have parents like that. It's just stupid to loan a car to people who have accidents that often, plus they are being very disrespectful to you.

Spooly 2

I agree with the others. If the car's owned by you, just say sorry, no. If it's not owned by you, they have every right to lend it out

What is it with parents who volunteer their kids to do something without asking the kid? Can you call your grandparents and say you did not give permission for them to use the car and that they can use your mom's car instead? And if they've been in four accidents in one year, somebody needs to to yank their licenses; they could seriously hurt someone.

Emma Marshall 19