By Anonymous - 08/01/2011 08:38 - United States

Today, I found out I'm getting laid off. However, they're keeping my coworker who rarely shows up and sleeps all the time when he's there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 102
You deserved it 2 443

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xShannonxSammyx 7

Ouch. I'm sorry, OP. Find a better workplace! Good luck <3

SuperSeriouslyFM 0

Number 6, don't think of it as feeding unemployed assholes. Think of it as working for your country's right to actually have food.

Comments

Babushka_Homyak 10

Dude, you do know that all workers pay into unemployment insurance from the deductions from weekly/biweekly/etc paychecks, right?

TheDrifter 23

Dude you do know that workers with shitty jobs get it reimbursed at tax time right?

SuperSeriouslyFM 0

...ROFLMAO @ the boner guy. That McDonald's one was actually pretty funny. Let me come up with one about super sizing, lol.

apply for unemployment and find a better job. He's probably going to get fired, they can warn him so many times, then cut him lose and they may find a loop hole with him so he can't get any unemployment-who knows? Maybe they don't know how bad he is- but it will catch up and bite him.

Layoffs are often based on salary, not productivity. It's a rather stupid method since they could've made you done three times the work of a single employee. Well at least he'll be keeping busy now. Good luck on the job hunt.

No you work hard for people on welfare asshole. Anyone with a job pays into unemployment, so op is getting back their own money. Plus you get taxed on it

The OP never stated whether the other one was employed longer than the OP was. When I had to lay off people, i based it on seniority. The last to hire was the first to go if need be. The Co-Worker may have been at the job longer than the OP.

So you base lay offs on the length of employment rather than their actual ability to do the job? What if the Op's co-worker had become complacent from being there too long? Sounds like very poor management to me, but its not what you know, its how long you have known the boss.

Uh ever hear of a union? If its in a contract that everything is seniority based, guess what that means. when it comes time to be laying people off, it will ALWAYS be based on seniority not productivity. It sucks, but thats the way it goes in union shops

Sounds like where I used to work. I got laid off, but they kept several others that are always late and can't do their job right to save their life. My supervisor told me I was the most reliable there, and always comes to me to get stuff done that needs done at a certain time. Now he can't do that. Wonder how they are doing nowadays. FYL for sure. Hate it when bad things happen to good people.

TheSofaKing 7

In a union shop, the least experienced are the ones who go first, unless someone volenteers to ge laid off. Non union shops still look at senority, but they can lay off any one.

Obviously you must suck a lot if they value him more than you. YDI.