By Dioxin01 - 15/09/2010 20:55 - Canada

Today, I found out I'm being sued by the man whose life I practically saved a month ago. He says the way I pulled him out of the car he was trapped in has left him with permanent back problems. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 473
You deserved it 3 467

Dioxin01 tells us more.

Hey everyone, This happened while I was driving in the United States. Also if I hadn't helped him, there would be no chance of him being alive today.

Top comments

Wow, whatta bastard. Tell him to go **** himself.

that1guy1 13

counter sue. Good Samaritan law.

Comments

Good luck, this kind of thing is such crap. If people keep behaving like this good people are going to end up being too scared to do the right thing in the future. Look into the Good Samaritan Law, I fairly sure it's covered in Canada.

IIFoxII 0

that's what u get ! u prolly did screw up his back ! , that's why u let the professionals do it , unless it was a life or death situation

Hey, IIFoxII, how exactly do you know that it was NOT a life or death situation? Maybe it was, or maybe OP had good reason to /think/ that it was. Either way, just shut it. And learn how to communicate, because reading your post gave me a headache.. OP, FYL. I don't know how many times I'm going to say this lately, but no good deed goes unpunished. =/

The OP never said that he/she wasn't a professional.

IIFoxII 0

why are u clowns attacking me , and mrs NOR , u dnt deserve to talk to me , look at u ..

Jojoo13_fml 0

Oh shut up ass hole, I hope when you get into a life or death situation and people wait for pro's they wont get there in time(: Go **** yourself, and be nice to her, she was just sticking up for the justice in the story.

Why does it matter what she looks like. She still makes way more intelligent comments then both of you. So really it's the other way around. You don't deserve to talk to her.

IIFoxII 0

jojo **** you , dnt wish that evil on me

I'm sorry, but IIFoxII, are you talking to me? Wow, gee guys, look someone said I'm ugly. On the internet. Wow, I'm just so offended, I don't even know how I'll ever survive. Get a life, please. And to Jojoo13 and illmatic2, thank you. =]

IIFoxII 0

I dnt recall calling u ugly ...

Fox- Ah, well, if you weren't talking to me in that whole "mrs nor" thing, then nevermind, and I apologize for misunderstanding.

How terrible of him. Please get a lawyer of your own and fight him. If you can't afford one, check out your county's Legal Aid office. If hey can't help you, they will refer you. I think the right lawyer could really embarrass him in addition to getting you off the hook. The reason I think this is that there are such things as Good Samaritan laws on the books that cover situations like this. I would like to see you get expert help with this rather than trying to represent yourself. My frank opinion is that it's disgraceful that this plaintiff's lawyer didn't talk him out of filing suit against you. I know it's no comfort now, but I think karma will be very hard on both of them.

You know the Seinfeld finale, where the gang just watches as a guy gets robbed at gun point and are subsequently arrested under a "Good Samaritan" law? Well, Good Samaritan laws are real, they just don't work anywhere close to how they work on Seinfeld. They apply to situations like this, where a person is trying to help someone else in peril. It keeps the person who was in trouble from suing the person who tried to help them after the fact. This lawsuit won't ever see the inside of the courtroom. Get a semi-competent lawyer, and the judge will tell this asshole to **** off. Oh, and who else thought the Seinfeld finale sucked?

me! I just saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. And you're totally right, it's just ridiculous that the guy would sue someone who might have saved his life.

wasn't this same thing on that movie "The Incredibles" lol

lolz the guy obviously didn't leap through window... lol but yes.... similar for sure

amymarie2767 0

wow that suxx. I guess no good deed goes unpunished. bummer.

yummycupcakegirl 0

should have left his ungrateful self in the car

wow seriously? what a dick.. you should get a lead pipe n give him permanent back problems.. im just saying

sorry but thats fake. Im a law student in Québec.. and its impossible than a lawyer would put a case on that because we have a law against that. If someone helps another person and make a fault. u can sue. And.. everytime u have a car accident in Quebec.. u cant sue anyone. The government will pay automatically.

You're a law student, eh? Good luck with that. What, with your flowing sentences and perfect grammar.

So, im replying from my phone and dont remember the poster's ID's, sorry, lol... "Quebec Law Student": As much as I *agree* that it is INSANE that this guy is being charged, there are a lot of insane charges brought to court in Canada (i'm in Ontario)... a person *can* sue another person for bodily harm. This case, yes, will be thrown out of court, but not until it gets to a judge who will see that it is bogus. Oh, and "Flowing Sentence Guy": I get that you are probably American... but the primary language of Quebec is FRENCH. Ever think he could speak English as a second language?? I know French is my second, and it's FAR from perfect.... Just sayin :)