By Anonymous - 08/10/2015 02:31 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, I found out I'm allergic to mosquito repellent. I fly out on a two month trip to India on Saturday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 619
You deserved it 2 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Isn't there a little clip on mosquito repellent that you don't have to spray on your body?

Comments

Just were a hijab and sunglasses the entire time your there Or you can ask you Dr what you can do

The hijab part was a stupid joke but I was serious just ask your Dr I'm sure your not the only one allergic to that stuff

Don't forget malaria is pretty common in most parts of the world

I've gone to India MANY times and I have not ever gotten malaria or any disease from a mosquito.

The risk depends on when and where you visit.

Try lemongrass products, works to repel those mozzies.

SalsaVerdeDonut 22

Lemon grass tea is the best. Plus it's real good for you.

That's sad OP, but India is not full of mosquitoes especially not in the urban and suburban areas... I know because I live there !

cookie1207 19

Lemongrass man, or many other 100 natural omiopatic solutions! Also get vaccinated against Malaria and stuff

Well damn, might be just some ingredient in the repellant, try to find a different brand or see a doctor for your allergies if you can. Also India doesn't have that many mosquitos, I think you watch too many movies.

Actually India does have a lot of mosquitoes but the bites aren't too bad. I guess it depends on how your body reacts to mosquito bites and what part in India you go to.

Any Indians out here. Or I'm the first one on FML.

no there are few here already. i have been here since years.

steam_engenius 21

Someone literally just said they live in India. Three comments before yours.

Your going on a two month trip. Feel sorry for ya. NOT!

I am an Indian, living in India and it's not so full of mosquitoes. Anyway, since you are allergic to repellents, try this - there's a new product in the Indian Market "Goodnight Fast Card" . Burn a small strip of it and all the mosquitoes in the room will be dead within minutes. It's available in almost any shop. Finally, welcome to our country. Hope you have a pleasant stay and experience here :)

I have been living in India from last 6 years. It also depends where you visiting.