By WTF? - 20/04/2012 00:12 - United States

Today, I found myself humming a Skrillex ditty all day. I'm beginning to wonder if I've had some sort of stroke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 977
You deserved it 5 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Skrillix is probably what your brain sounds like during a seizure/stroke as it is, so I would probably say...yeah.

A skrillex ditty? Sounds like an oxymoron! If you can hear a melody in all that noise OP, you must have a sixth sense.

Comments

howsitgoingjc 2

Haha this is a really funny FML.

bacon1043 3

Yeah especially the comments with the genre wars. People like different music, don't talk them down because of it guys

fuckmebutdontfml 16

O.o and that is somehow wrong???? I love Skrillex!!!

fuckmebutdontfml 16

as a matter of fact I was listening to Skrillex when I read this I couldn't help but gasp and gape :O ...if having a stroke means having a Skrillex song stuck in your head I died a long time ago :p

bitch_pleez 10

I like how you call it a song, as if Skrillex is music. Try listening to real music like A Day To Remember or Close Your Eyes

Skrillex is music. Just because the bass has wobbles and extreme effects doesn't change the fact that it's a song. It also has a primary medley (usually a synth) and a harmonic medley or two. Aside from that, why can't we like both? Or accept the fact that we only like one or the other?

Michael_92 20

Real music? It is real music, just different than what you are used to. I listen to....Rap, Hip-hop, Oldies, Jazz, Alternative, some Swing, Classic Rock, Dubstep, and R&B. Sooo yea point is don't be so judgmental people, just because you don't appreciate a particular artist doesn't mean others don't.

I don't understand how people can listen Skrillex. I can't make it even twenty seconds through a single song.

Trisha_aus 15

No one is forcing you to listen to skrillex..stop putting him down because some people love his music!!

Medley? You mean melody? Your name is ThatMusicGuy, ffs. Haha

NoisyNykkii 10

I think the fact that you were ACTUALLY able to hum Skrillex proves you right.

JasonEP 3

I wouldn't consider this an FML. More like a FYTA!! (**** yeah that's awesome!!) MIRITE?!!?

Trisha_aus 15

What's wrong with skrillex?! Agree he had better stuff before as just sonny Moore but really skrillex is awesome! Bangaranggggg

You say skrillex is awesome here, but on another post you say skrillex sucks.....do which is it? I love skrillex and honestly don't see how anyone doesn't

38 - It's called people having a different taste of music

Trisha_aus 15

I don't think I ever said skrillex sucks..was there even another Fml about him?! I guess they don't like him because they haven't heard his best tracks or just don't like the genre..at least he's not a sell out like guetta..

Guetta is amazing. How else are people going to hear you if you don't go mainstream?? Not everyone wants to be a starving artist working for peanuts.

People generalize too much, and FML probably isn't the best place to have discussions on electronic music seeing as many of the posters are American, and America is musically retarded at the moment. That being said I like skrillex simply due to the fact that he puts lots of work into his productions, which most people here wouldnt understand.

Matt_mcg - please explain how the US is "musically retarded". I'd love to hear this. On the scale of musical geniuses (Beethoven being on top), Skrillex ranks just below nails on a chalkboard.

Pancakemines 0

Doc, have you ever listened to rap on the radio? While I am black and I do play the harp I have to agree with him that America is "musically retarded". They would rather play music about sex and drugs rather than something positive. This is why I listen to Japanese music instead of the radio.

Pancakemines - I don't understand what your race has to do with anything, but I completely agree with you that rap is terrible. But singling out one genre as an example of an entire country's musical ineptitude is silly. That just means you're listening to the wrong music. Try giving Young the Giant, The Black Keys, and Dream Theater a listen. Fortunately Nickelback and Bieber are Canadian.

TheDrifter 23

Hey, we as Canadians have apologised for them on numerous occaisons. That said, I blame the Amaricans for producing and buying their albums. Blame Canada my ass.

Trisha_aus 15

Aye at least you gave us deadmau5 as an apology

Pancakemines 0

I don't know why I threw my race in there Doc. But anyways I do agree with the point you made. You've bested me....for now.

You poor poor man. If I were you I'd be sticking screwdrivers in my ears about now.

b0ngs 7

No shit Sherlock. And you actually can hum a skrillex song.

mintcar 9

In my opinion, he sucked in From First To Last and he sucks now. That's the great thing about music, it's all subjective.

I liked from first to last, in a shameful embarrassed way.

How do people even dance to that?? I feel it's the music equivalent of having a fork beat eggs in a bowl, except the fork is Scrillex and the egg is your soul.

Trisha_aus 15

Have you ever been to one of his concerts? Or do u just not like electronic music in general? No avicii? No Kaskade? No deadmau5?!

45-I'm into trying new genres/sounds but I just think I can't take it. I tried and wanted to like it. Unfortunately, my brain just feels like it's getting punk'd each time. Maybe one day. Ministry of sound and some dubstep, but skrillex? Can't handle it. I don't even think those are really comparable, I'm just getting into that whole sound. I used to be a strictly r&b and top 40 kind of girl. I do like kaskade though.

45 go to their concert and then what? Watch them hit play while I paid 266 bucks for a Ticket? No thanks. I'd rather watch musicians play. Gods like Rush (Getty Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peirt), or Sir Paul McCartney, or Something of the sort.

I love how you just name new electronic shite, nice one.

Trisha_aus 15

The reason I named them is because they are the ones most people know!

TheDrifter 23

I must be getting old, I'd only heard of one off your list. Personally I think they'd be easier to listen to if there was some sort of a rythm to go with the bass line they're mixing over, it all sounds like a 2 year old playing with the mixer. Oddly, my 2 year old cousin LOVES it.

Trisha_aus 15

Try listening to the other two I mentioned, they are quite popular..and you probably have heard avicii or Steve aoki as well