By Anonymous - 24/12/2012 06:07 - United States - Cottonwood

Today, I found my diary on my mother's nightstand. Bookmarked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 513
You deserved it 4 583

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take it back and write something about 'a big secret' and see how long it takes for your mum to ask you about it.

Talk to her about respecting your privacy

Comments

I think I might go burn my diary after reading this!

Kallian_fml 21

46- No, best to burn it after writing.

icychil 13

Well, at least you have interesting life :) Then, you could start a false diary...

Well, at least be glad it's interesting enough to read! Perhaps, one day you can get it published?

Yeah, I would love it if the whole world read my personal secrets!

barefootchic 6

Well you can change all the names and vital information that would point to you.

oj101 33

Diaries are always the most interesting books, and especially intriguing as they provide insight into the writer and are off limits which makes it all the more mysterious.

Oh, it isn't just bookmarked. She probably highlighted the good parts. Want to have some privacy? Keep a journal online. Otherwise, your parents WILL snoop. It's their house.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Parents should still respect their kids. If they're worried something is wrong, that's different; but I think parents should only snoop if they have very good reason to.

Take it and write an elaborate entry about how you plan to murder her for insurance money. And put her invasion of privacy as your other motive.

Epikouros 31

Dear diary, today a read an FML about a mother who read her daughter's diary. The no-life bitch even had it bookmarked. If my mother ever does that, I'm going to kill her with her best kitchen knife.

I don't understand parents that would invade someone's privacy like that. All it will do is destroy any trust their child has in them and distant their relationship farther. OP, I hope this doesn't discourage you to continue to write. I had a journal I kept growing up and it's amazing to go back and read. Just need to hide it better under lock and key.

Epikouros 31

Or you could write a fake diary about how you love studying and going to church, and hide the real one better.

Or you could make up an entire story that's very epic and stuff, and at the end you confront your mother and tell her it's all lies and made up. You know like in that movie The Prestige!