By Enslaved - 20/02/2015 03:16 - United States - Homestead

Today, I found a phone in a fitting room. I called the number that said "home" to let the owner know that I was going to give it to the store's manager. Apparently the husband didn't know his wife was out shopping and "blowing all his earnings". FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 310
You deserved it 2 707

Enslaved tells us more.

OP here! First off, when I called the number, a man answered. When I told him I found a phone,(an iPhone5c for those that are curious) he told me to "**** off" and that I had the wrong number, then hung up on me. He called the phone back a few minutes later and I could hear him yelling to what I assumed was his wife/GF in the background. He was asking her if she went out shopping? and how dare she spend his money, plus lose her phone! I did give the phone to the manager of the department store and told the man to pick it up there tomorrow if he wants it, since the store was already closed for the night. My heart is just uneasy because I know that my call caused what seems to be an argument between the lady that owns the phone and an irate man. I could tell he was very controlling and she was very afraid of him.

Top comments

Just tell him how much you saved him by finding the phone.

Your call didn't cause anything. Her lying about going off shopping and his attitude in general started the argument between them.

Comments

martin8337 35

It could be worse, she could be losing all of the money at a casino.

tantanpanda 26

not all people lose their money gambling.

Wow imagine if someone else found it and he had to buy her a new one. They'd probably get a divorce

At least you were considerate enough to let them know where the phone was.

150493x 29

He didn't really need to say that. Like you would have known what his wife gets upto. Good on you for handing it in though. It's nice knowing there are honest people out there!

Sounds like he could be abusive. She's probably going to get beaten when she gets home, but OP couldn't have known that...

Well someone has got some explaining to do, but fortunately it's not you OP so just hand the phone in and be glad it's not you.

You should have said, "I am from the future, and have some new for you, I found your phone"

What an ungrateful husband. Maybe your good karma reward will be he comes pick it up on your day off!

do you even know how to read? OP is not the wife.

MommyTesta 9

do YOU even know how to read? he said day off... he's assuming she works there. not that she's the wife. if you're gonna be a jerk at least don't be a dumb one.

He doesn't sound like the nicest husband tbh.