By jillydark6609 - 19/09/2010 06:21 - United States

Today, I found a big spider on my wall. I have arachnophobia, and I was trying to kill it with my shoe. I pulled back and hit myself in the face, causing me to fall backwards. The spider is still alive somewhere in my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 282
You deserved it 14 254

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't kill it like that...chances are it will run away as spiders are very fast....Here is the best technique, imo (my sister has arachnophobia, and many people around me have varying degrees of it so I am the "spidercatcher"): You need : a glass (choose the size depending on the size of the spider), a postcard or thin piece of card. Method: take the glass and gently place over the spider. Take card, slide under glass without lifting the glass too high (so mister/miss/mrs spider doesn't escape), then lift the card and the glass at the same time & then a) throw it in the garden (my sister's preferred method as she says it's not the spider's fault she is scared of it) b) throw it down the loo . However, if like me you always have a slight fear of it climbing back up - I blame the incy wincy spider song for this lol - put some strong loo product like toilet duck or bleach to make sure...and ta da! no more evil spider.... Otherwise, find yourself a handy spidercatcher person like me who is always there to deal with them & tell them the technique!!!! Good luck!!!!

there's a difference between being afraid of spiders and aracnaphobia people. A phobia is a fear that is strong enough to prevent you from living a normal life

Comments

firechildredhead 0

People like this annoy me. It's a bug. kill it or ignore it. The end. I don't care what "phobia" you may have, YDI.

doink 0

I don't see why they deserve it just because they are afraid of it. At least the OP didn't run out of the house in fear. They obviously made an attempt to kill it, but ended up making a mistake, which caused the spider escaped.

FFML_314 11

By saying "phobia" are you implying they don't exist? I hope not, because you will feel really stupid.

Phobias don't exist, Annie. That's just a fancy word for "shit dudez I b a puzzy"! Ha. Fear, what kind of testicleless human could possibly be afraid of anything!? WTH!

FFML_314 11
FFML_314 11

My names not Annie, moron. Also, phobias do exist. Now please, don't reply again.

It was a joke. And I will call you what I want to call you, Annie.

firechildren is being a bitch today, now aren't we?

Ahahahahaha!! go find him and kill em ! lolz

perdix 29

Maybe you have displaced your irrational fear of spiders with a logical case of papoutsiophobia, a fear of shoes. It wasn't the spider that knocked you down, it was the damn shoe! Know who your true enemy is.

I found a spider on my floor and i got the insect killer and spread it on the spider for like 5 mins and it didn't die so I stood on it •-•

KYLAsaysRAWR 0

FAIL!! spiders are NOT insects.

Sam_13161821 0

Just because you're scared of spiders doesn't mean its a phobia. Arachniphobics can't walk into a room without scanning the whole room for a spider. If you were, you'd be looking for it instead of writing about it. You're dumb. This isn't a FML.

Xavi89 0

wow dude,you fail on so many levels it's not even funny!